Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Newbie...EZ50 or EZ 100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie...EZ50 or EZ 100

Never picked up a powder gun in my life. I have read a lot and watched a lot of videos here. Some awesome work here.
    I took some small stuff to the coater I used for a few years and he has a $75 minimum now. I just decided I am going to jump in and do it myself.
    I will build my own oven. I am a decent welder/fabricator and that will be easy.
    I have read up on these two guns and I like their features. I just need to decide between the Redline Ez50 or the Ez100. I can afford either.
    If this goes well, I will consider taking on some smaller jobs to offset my equipment costs. If that goes well, I will consider upgrading to the Wagner system in the future. I'm getting close to retirement and between welding,cars and poder coating, I'd like to pick up some extra cash.

THANKS in advance

Re: Newbie...EZ50 or EZ 100

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Never picked up a powder gun in my life. I have read a lot and watched a lot of videos here. Some awesome work here.
    I took some small stuff to the coater I used for a few years and he has a $75 minimum now. I just decided I am going to jump in and do it myself.
    I will build my own oven. I am a decent welder/fabricator and that will be easy.
    I have read up on these two guns and I like their features. I just need to decide between the Redline Ez50 or the Ez100. I can afford either.
    If this goes well, I will consider taking on some smaller jobs to offset my equipment costs. If that goes well, I will consider upgrading to the Wagner system in the future. I'm getting close to retirement and between welding,cars and poder coating, I'd like to pick up some extra cash.

THANKS in advance

I like the EZ50 bottom mounted cup design best. Easier to handle, clean, pretty much everything.. and it doesn't have the convoluted "Gravity feed" BS going on (Which doesn't work like I think they want you to *think* it does). What kind of parts are you talking about coating? The type and amount can definitely be a deal maker/breaker, along with space to work with. Power available to you for your coating system... and much more.

I'm in Garland, TX. PM me if you want to see the sorry set-up I have... It does pretty good. It could also help you decide on how you want to build the oven and booth, and Maybe even more. It's a Huge mess in my garage right now, but i'm willing to show it.
    sigpic

See photos of my work on Facebook "Scottrods Powder Coating"

EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

Cool beans. I will try the 50 out then. I'm a car guy. The parts I had in hand were some steering column brackets for my 55 Bel aire. The coater is Crosslink in McKinney. They do great work and I have used them for YEARS. The new $75 minimum is just a deal breaker.
      Used to live in Garland (78 & 190)...Moved northeast of McKinney. Can't really have too much fun with old cars in town without the city up in your business and making the neighbors mad.
      I can weld pretty darn good. I plan to build an oven big enough for a rear end . I am still going to have to take the frame for the 55 to Crosslink when i'm ready. they have an oven that can handle it.

Comment

I have two EZ50. I love these guns. Have used them for years with no problem. Also the price is hard to bet.

Comment

Ordered the EZ50 and some powder today from Caswell. Really nice people. Very helpful... We'll see what happens

Comment

One benefit of the EZ 100, it is capable of 100 KV's vs 50 KV's which can help you apply multiple coats of powder your first coat of powder shot with a high kv then gradually step down. Heres a review of the ez 100 and ez 50 as well.
            The Red Line EZ 50 Powder Coating gun is a great powder gun for hobbyist to job shop use see it in action & read our review to see if its right for you

Comment

This is a complete review of the Red Line EZ 100 powder coating gun and includes a video showing the unit at work to help you decide if its right for you.

Comment

Working...
              X