Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is even a warning on the playsand bag ..... !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mtlgd
      He's serious about the play sand Noob2pc. Do a google on silicosis. The bi*** of it is, by the time you notice the symtoms <sp?>, its too late. Its a problem that propogates itself over time. Small cough now, can't breathe in 5 years... PS. If you can smell the sand, you're f****** up (just my 2 cents, think about it)
      Originally posted by customandsound
      there is even a warning on the playsand bag ..... !!!!!!!!!
      I bought some Aluminum Oxide tonight, hope you two are happy now I also will be buying some glass beads as well.

Comment

just looking out for your health .... not only do i do this for a living i am a firefighter/emt so it go's with the job

Comment

Noob2PC, I love your set-up. I too am strapped for space. It appears you have a full size oven. Where do you keep it ?

Comment

no he fold's that up to .....

Comment

hehehe, he's got it on pully's so he can raise it up and pull the car in underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by mtlgd
                hehehe, he's got it on pully's so he can raise it up and pull the car in underneath.
                No, Living here in Florida I just use the Sink Hole!

Comment

Ummm . . . OK. Thanks for the help.

Comment

noob what did you make your parts arm out of

what color did u do that part in
                    D.I.L.U.S.I.

Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

Originally posted by upncoming
                      noob what did you make your parts arm out of

what color did u do that part in
                      I spent $15 buck for a Twin Bed frame! Same amount of Angle Iron would have cost me a ton at the supply house. Plus it already has wheels and pivots built in.

Comment

Hey guys,
                        Here are a couple of pics of my set up. I have my spray booth on top of a cabinet that is on wheels so it is easy to move around. I made the spray booth out of wood and then drilled 4 holes(2 on each size). There is then 2 copper tubes/pipes going thru the booth that are connected to eachother on the sides. To the right is my oven that I use for powdercoating.

Here is a picture of some parts that are in the oven.

Comment

Hey guys,
                          Here's my set up, first the dbl oven, the bottom for pre-heat and the top for curing. Second My modified blast cabinet, it was a siphon unit, I switched it to gravity fed and added a halogen light inside, Third is my spray booth, its not pretty but gets the job done...

[/img]

If it jams; Force it. And if it breaks it needed replacing anyway.

I can go from 0 to "What seems to be the problem Officer?" in 3 seconds."

Comment

Quad frame jig

I put pics of the quad frame powder coating jig and roller rack oven under my photo gallery. You can take a look at them there. :P

Drew
                            Today's mighty oak was just some nut that held it's ground !

Comment

sandblasting

hi

Im new at the powder coating thing, trying to get a business started. I got my whole workshop set up. Ill go take some pictures and post them later. Anyways, I have a pressure sandblaster (10gal) and it is not working, any ideas? The psi is up to spec everything is fine, maybe clogged up? Im using playsand, I know its bad for you. Im going to get rid of it and get some glass bead, maybe a new blaster. Recommendations for a portable blaster? Thanks. -Chris

Comment

Re: Pictures of process and equipment

This subject is a great idea. I will post some pic's soon.
                                Good Luck
                                Bob
                                www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

Working...
                                X