This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures of process and equipment

You guys are gonna laugh at me when you see this oven LOL. It's acctualy an electrical cabinet. (I'm an electrician by trade) It's 3'x4'x16" with 7500W of heat. Now that I have visited this site and seen some of the ovens others are building, I am ashamed of mine LOL I wil eventually be building a 5'x6'x6' I think. Before winter. I only have a 18'x15' shop to work out of and I have a CNC mini MIll in there too. Kinda tight for space. Get's pretty hot in there when curing as well.
    Attached Files
    Dan Pesonen
    Bandit Powder Coat <<From Powder to Perfection>>
    Forest Grove, BC Canada

Personal motto:
    "If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"

Comment

Originally posted by rx7carl
      I cant see most of the pics, but thats probably because Im at work. Damn blocking software.

I agree DONT USE PLAYSAND! Ive read alot about silicosis, nasty stuff. To the person in Orlando, FL . Tractor Supply Stores sell glass bead and aluminum oxide. Its not that expensive if your not blasting to waste.
      I do know that you do not want to use glass bead on cast alum. Like intakes for example. The glass beads breakup and get imbedded in the alum and no amount of outgassing wil free them, untill you have powder sprayed on, then they will come up into the powder Ask me how I know lol
      Dan Pesonen
      Forest Grove, BC Canada

Personal motto:

Comment

Originally posted by Banditperformance
        I do know that you do not want to use glass bead on cast alum. Like intakes for example. The glass beads breakup and get imbedded in the alum and no amount of outgassing wil free them, untill you have powder sprayed on, then they will come up into the powder Ask me how I know lol
        I have never heard that before, but I appreciate the warning!!! Tell us the whole story Bandit.
        Mike
        Mike & Johnny
        Sho Me Coatings

Comment

I did an intake that I bead blasted, was full of specs after. I tried twice with glass beads, then I tried silica and it worked fine, no specs in the PC
          Dan Pesonen
          Forest Grove, BC Canada

Personal motto:

Comment

Here's our set up. Just got it all done yesterday (9/8/06)....ran the second test batch today to work out some problems, this batch turned out great.

Thanks, D.J.
            www.chcustom.com

Comment

hears some of my stuffClick image for larger version

Name:	000_0029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	127216

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	127217the oven is 6 /3 /2 and works great has a removable devider for mc frames
              Last edited by coleman5; 12-03-2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Here are some picks of my current setup. After having a display in a large show here in town I am moving towards going....

BIGGER......uhh...uhh...uhh...(In my Tim from home improvement voice)

www.spitfirecustoms.com

Comment

Hi everyone.
                  I'm new to PC but would like to make some custom brackets and what not for my Bike. I also make stands for motorcycles and want to PC them as well. I'm in Canada and order my supplies from Caswell Canada. Shipping is fantastic. I get it within 2 days.

Anyways I started out with a small toaster oven and decided to make my own. I had a legal size file cabinet laying around so I used it for the outer shell. The rest I built. The actual baking size is 14-H X 14-W X 16-D.
                  Shelves are fully adjustable and completely removable. Bottom is 1/4" metal for the heavy stuff and the 4 elements are mounted under it with a heat shield at the bottom. I have a 2" vent on top. I have 2" of fire/flame proof insulation between the inner and outer shell.
                  Tried a small piece in it tonight. Works nice.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DHACK666; 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I see tons of pictures of equipment, but no pictures of the prosess.

I'd like to see how others work their magic

Comment

Am I the only one that can not see these pictures?
                      sigpic

Jason Langhoff
                      Deluxe Powder Coating
                      Rawkstar Designs

Comment

nevermind, I see them
                        sigpic

Jason Langhoff
                        Deluxe Powder Coating
                        Rawkstar Designs

Comment

I'm BACK!!!! Closing on the house in 16 days, will be setting up a small work area in the new garage untill i get business going well enough for my 12x12 work shed I will post pic's of the new set up as soon as I can...

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by GCPJohn View Post
                            I see tons of pictures of equipment, but no pictures of the prosess.

I'd like to see how others work their magic
                            Which process are you referring to? Oven build, Cleaning, Spraying?
                            It kind of hard to run a recorder while your moving around the shop being busy. I like most guys work alone.
                            Who says you can't teach an ole dog new tricks?

Comment

I have a standard electric oven/range and my set up is in my basement. There is a window in the room with the oven (small brick lined room used to be for storing coal), do I need to vent the oven when I'm cooking the parts or will just opening the window be ok?

Comment

so what its the best sand to use in a sand blast room,,,??..I do have the breathing equipment. (apollo 60).....

Is there any especial lamps for sandblasting room?..

thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                                X