Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun for business startup

Hi everyone.

I am in the midst of setting up my hobby(ish) powder coating/ceramic shop here and am at the stage where I need to choose a gun.

I have always used the EW dual voltage, which works well, but leaves a lot to be desired. I have looked at used pro systems, but at this stage I am not comfortable with buying used or taking the leap into that upper echelon. Eventually when the shop expands I will purchase a gema, nordson........

So that essentially leaves me with the intermediate level systems. I will be coating mostly small items/batches, such as wheels, auto/atv parts, railings..... and on occasion some production type coating. So ease of switching between powders, but also being capable of coating larger objects would be nice. A gun cleaning purge air system and some sort of faraday board would likely be a benefit to my work.

My oven is approximately 7.5x5x5 feet.

I have been looking at the CC Kool Koat 3.0 DPW, Hyper Smooth 03 DPW, PBTB ESO3 systems. Which one of these is the clear winner? I would like the ability to run a fluidizing hopper or gun cup for small parts/color changes.

I am also open to any suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

Re: New gun for business startup

Take the leap and you'll be money ahead later on... You have a huge oven for a starter... Get a used pro gun. Ask lots of questions such as "Can I plug it into air and Electric and add powder and shoot? or am I going to have to find proper connectors?"... "Does it come with the hopper? or will I have to buy a separate item to make this a usable system?"

Basically tell the seller you need to be able to just plug and play. You won't need a 50 pound hopper, and just have to have a working SYSTEM, that includes the machine and parts to shoot powder, no Accessories to buy after the purchase. I recommend a box feed unit.

All powder coating guns require some occasional maintenance, so Look into what most often needs replacement and/or cleaning.
    EMAIL [email protected]

Comment

I have been looking for used pro guns as well, but have been having a very hard time finding anything that isn't very industrial. Box feed really is too large for me at this time.

I was kind off thinking that going with a HS 03 DPW right off the bat might not be a terrible idea, since then I will have a decent back up gun when i move to a pro unit in the near future.

Just for kicks, does anyone have any great places to look for used pro guns?

Comment

Originally posted by I--RIDE--BIKES View Post
        I have been looking for used pro guns as well, but have been having a very hard time finding anything that isn't very industrial. Box feed really is too large for me at this time.

I was kind off thinking that going with a HS 03 DPW right off the bat might not be a terrible idea, since then I will have a decent back up gun when i move to a pro unit in the near future.

Just for kicks, does anyone have any great places to look for used pro guns?
        I bought that exact gun off of eBay last weekend....

Comment

Old thread but anyway I don't understand why you need a gun to do business but I'm sure you didn't ask in vain so you need it.
          I also opened a business a year ago and I know how difficult it is to gesture completely and how careful we have to be at every detail in order not to have problems later.
          I always watch news from business world because that helps me a lot and that's the only way I can see what's new on the market and what I could introduce to be current and useful for consumers.
          Last edited by JakekeKe9; 10-10-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

why you need a gun to do business?

Comment

I found out that you would like to expand your store, but why not do it now. I saw that your store is relatively high, and you need scaffolding to repair it at such height. OFC, they must be safe to avoid unpleasant incidents. I recommend an excellent manufacturer of structure, Pete Suen, who is working in this industry for a long time. I assure you that they are some of the best and most professional as I used them myself. They were very helpful. The delivery can be organized wherever you need. I hope I was helpful.
              Last edited by LeshaDergarak; 04-29-2021, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X