Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powder coating ovens (small table top size)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-stick
    replied
    I'm with Hemi on this one. The convection air in an oven like that is a wee bit too strong in certain spots. While it's true that "on the whole" the industrial ones move a massive volume of air, it's "softer" that the home use ones. For smaller parts, I wouldn't worry about it o much like you would with car rims or the like. Go with the regular old oven-type method on this one I say.

Leave a comment:

• Hemi-T
    replied
    It's just my opinion, but I think a convection oven would cause too much turbulence and possible disturb the powder before it has a chance to cure. Turbulence that causes food to cook faster can mess up your powder. I would personally go for a non-convection oven.

Hemi-T

Leave a comment:

• jkhcfo
    started a topic Powder coating ovens (small table top size)

Powder coating ovens (small table top size)

I'm looking at buying my first oven for powder coating small parts (football size and smaller). I have looked at toaster ovens and small high quality convection ovens. My question is: does a convection oven (small table top size) offer any additional benefits over a typical toaster oven and am I even in the right ballpark for my small parts curing process?
Working...
X