Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html

These products replace the range of Muggyweld and Technoweld products we used to sell.
See more
See less

Lamps-Like heating a house with the doors & windows open

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lamps-Like heating a house with the doors & windows open

Hi !
    I made a powder coat oven using plywood sheets on the outside. I use one 1500 watt lamp with a hole cut in the plywood to fit the lamp. The inside is insulated with aluminum insulating sheets and sealed. I also put a temperature probe inside connected to a temp control unit. I've been able to get up to 450 degrees %F with no problems.That was three years ago and it still works great. The cab size is 24" square 50" tall.
    Should be easy to make.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by omo46gg View Post
      Hi !
      I made a powder coat oven using plywood sheets on the outside. I use one 1500 watt lamp with a hole cut in the plywood to fit the lamp. The inside is insulated with aluminum insulating sheets and sealed. I also put a temperature probe inside connected to a temp control unit. I've been able to get up to 450 degrees %F with no problems.That was three years ago and it still works great. The cab size is 24" square 50" tall.
      Should be easy to make.

Good Luck.
      How about some pics of the plywood oven.
      bikerdad46

Comment

Pics or or you didn't make one

Comment

Hello
          omo46gg
          How about some pics of your plywood oven!! What kind of aluminium insulation sheets and where did you get it.
          You peaked our interest. Don't leave us hanging like this
          bikerdad46

Originally posted by omo46gg View Post
          Hi !
          Should be easy to make.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Travst View Post
            Here's my bright idea. I bought one of your Pro setups with the IR lamp. Try making it clear in the sales material that the IR lamp isn't going to work and eliminate all those calls. I've tried reflectors, enclosures, etc. and mine won't get within 125 degrees of curing temperature. Consulting the forums only confirmed that they don't work as a stand-alone solution, yet you sell them that way.

(frustrated John)

I agree with John , I also bought the pro kit , spent the extra money for the bigger IR lamp and I am not very satisfied with the way the products were advertised. Just seeing this post was started in 2004 CASWELL should have done a better job in advertising the lamps as a product that would have to be modified to use or take them out of the kits. I fill at this time That I have been a little suckered on this product and fill I will probably be looking elsewhere for my PC needs.

Comment

Seriously, this plywood oven is very intriguing. lol

I would like to construct something big enough to throw 4 wheels in at a time and also big enough to fit a roll bar in.

Comment

Working...
              X