Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would i apply multiple coats of different colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would i apply multiple coats of different colors?

ok, say i want to put down an 'aluminum' basecoat first, then follow up with a 'candy blue'. should i put the aluminum on first and bake it THEN put the candy blue on? or should i put the aluminum on, then spray the candy blue on THEN bake? thanks. also, about how long should i be letting these items cook? ive been doing 400 degrees for 20 mins... is that too long?

You would want to spray the aluminum and then bake it, and then you would want to spray the candy blue. I am assuming the candy blue is a translucent. The time that you posted sound right to me.

Comment

ok, what about putting 2 coats of powder on something? for the most shiny finish, should i use the first coat only? what about gloss... i bought a 2lb thing of gloss, but havent really used it. from what i did, it tends to dull the color (reflective chrome). is it safe to do 2 coats of the same color, then say a clear coat?

Comment

You can easily apply more than one coat of powder. I have applied a second coat a number of times where I missed a small area on the first try. Just re-coat the whole part, and cure again. The first coat will not be damaged at all. You can put a third clear coat over the top too. Just do the coats one right after the other... in other words, don't wait a day or more between coats, or the part could become contaminated and the next coat might not look good. Let the part cool, then re-coat just like the first coat. This is what makes powder coating a relatively "forgiving" way to finish parts.

Hemi-T

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X