Tribo Vs. Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribo Vs. Corona

I currently use the Caswell gun to do my powder coating. I am nearing the point where I am going to have to make that leap of faith to an industrial style gun. I do not do large batches, or large parts for that matter, so I do not need a vibe hopper or fluidized bed feeder. I will be strictly going for a lab type cup setup. My question for all the guru's is do I need to get a corona gun? I can get a tribo gun for half the price. I understand the difference in operation. Is the main difference in application speed? Is the tribo gun going to be more precise? Can I use all the same powders with a tribo gun? Some advise would be great.

you want to go strictly Corona unless you are specifically coating only epoxy and only have no humidity. Only then will it prevail in helping you coat better. I stongly suggest if you are "upgrading" to get a fluidized bed set-up only for the fact that the little cup on top of the industrial models really has no growth potential involved. The cup is what it as, as to where fluid beds come in all shapes/sizes. Heck... you can even make a fluidized bed or find one at an auction cheaply enough if you so chose. Good luck in expanding your horizons.... Russ

Comment

HI,
      I can not justify the cost of an industrial gun , $3000.00 plus right?

Has anyone used the $700.00 Hot Jet Pro Gun and is it a lot better
      than the Caswell gun?

Thanks,
      Art
      Art in Peterborough

Comment

You can not justify the cost because you dont need it, plain and simple, unless you plan on starting a business. Even in that case, you should really be starting off with a Industrial gun as your first. Id suggest picking up a hobby gun, and getting a hang for the whole powder coating process before you make that big of an investment.

Comment

Hi,
          I'm using a Chicago Electric gun. I ment to say Hotcoat Pro not
          Hot Jet Pro.
          Thanks,
          Art
          Art in Peterborough

Comment

I'd stick with that if you are just doing odds and ends. The professional fluid bed guns use a ton more powder than the hobbyist gun. You can go through a 5 lb hopper like its nothing with the an industrial gun. If you are planning on opening a larger shop, than the need for a pro gun is more justified.

Comment

I have used the Hot Coat Pro Gun and I the cheaper one also. So let me put it this way I bought a Gema Hopper style gun and love it, but at A HIGH PRICE. If you want the best you pay the price.

Comment

Working...
              X