Sandblasting ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandblasting ???

Does the medium you use for sand blasting make a difference? I used clean play ground sand and it worked ok I guess. This is my first time and I felt it should have worked better. I had my pressure set for 100. My cabinet I made worked grea though!!!

Yeah, it can make a difference, but the key to it is what you are trying to use it on. For striping, a good Aluminum Oxide like a 120 grit is a good choice, unless it is a soft surface. Then, you can step down from glass bead to walnut shells, and some people even have success using talcum powder for really fine finishes. There are a lot of people on here more knowledgable than I am to ask, but compared to the playground grade sand, I think you'd be happier with other options. Best of luck with it.

Comment

Guess Im glad it was given to me then will check out other options

Comment

Lose the playground sand. It's got a very high silica content and can lead to silicosis (fills your lungs with scar tissue) if you breathe the dust. At a very minimum, get yourself a decent respirator or switch to coal slag or aluminum oxide.

I blast Aluminum Oxide and glass bead and *always* use a half-mask respirator.

Comment

Working...
        X