PC Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Knife

I have a guy who wants me to pc a knife he's making, question is do I pc the whole blade or would I mask off the blade edge and then pc?

thanks

Wayne
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

Find out if he wants the entire knife PC or just the handle. You might be putting the cart before the horse. :P He may just want the handle, caps, and spine done.

Comment

He wants the blade done, he is putting mrtyl wood handles on it.
      Pro-Tech Powder Coating
      93976 Ocean Way
      541-247-8168
      [email protected]
      Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

i would mask off the edge... but that is my 2 cents worth ..

Comment

masking the edge would be difficult wouldn't it? The angle he (the client) chooses to sharpen it could vary.... Even if its a show piece, masking the edge would leave a sharp build up, wouldn't it? Is there a way to feather an edge like that with PC with-out sanding? I haven't had a chance to do any yet.... Still trying to get my plating worked out...

Comment

Up front - I'm completely ignorant of custom knives, so this is just speculation. I doubt you would want PC too close to the edge because it would clog up and possibly ruin either your stone or steel when sharpening. Just an outside observation. I haven't sharpened a knife since my Boy Scout pocket knife.

Hemi-T

Comment

boyscouts that was a long time ago for me !!!!!!!

Comment

I would think you would want to coat it all the way. When being sharpedned, there is only a small area exposed to the stone. Once the coating is honed off, it shouldn't make a difference since there will only be a couple mils of powder touching the stone at any one time. I dabbled with custom blades and knives many moons ago, but never PC'd any.

Comment

Thanks to all of you !!! I'm gonna hold off a bit and see if there any more words of wisdom out there and then just do it..
                  Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                  93976 Ocean Way
                  541-247-8168
                  [email protected]
                  Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Working...
                  X