powder storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powder storage

Where I live on the southern oregon coast it's pretty damp.....the average temp is around 60f but the moisture is killer, is there any reason why powder can't be stored in canning jars? My wife is getting torked off at me for using her Food Saver all the time...Thanks..
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

Hi,
    I want to a dollar store and bought 2 quart juice jug's for a dollar each,
    the ones this the screw on lid and a small pouring spout. They are perfect
    for powder. They hold about 3 lbs. of powder. And the best part is your
    wife can't bitch at you for stealing her kitchen tool's.
    Art
    Art in Peterborough

Comment

Originally posted by senna-the-great
      Hi,
      And the best part is your wife can't bitch at you for stealing her kitchen tool's.
      Art
      Yes, but I am storing my powder in the Pantry and taking up her storage space I went got picked up 6 more powder cups for my gun and use them to store powder in. I also have one that is empty I use for cleaning.

BTW, How do you all clean your guns after you are done. I am having a heck of a time clearing out the last color I used.

Comment

Black seems to be the worst to get out of the gun. It seems like it takes forever. And I spend like 30 minutes cleaning it out. There has got to be some trick that no one is tellin us

Comment

When I'm done...right after I stick the goodies in the oven, I crank up the air and blow the hell out of it....mine also has a screw in the bottom of it that i can remove and force air thru it too, ,then i wipe it down...and just for safty ...do it all again... BTW thanks guys...
          Pro-Tech Powder Coating
          93976 Ocean Way
          541-247-8168
          [email protected]
          Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Black doesn't seem to be hard for me to get out but silver based powders especially with metallics are tough to clean. Lots and Lots of air seems to work the best. As for storage I use 9mil plastic bags twisted and tied then placed in another bag and tied.Have had zero problems in the past 4 years.

Comment

As far as storing, I went to Mennard's & bought a wardrobe cabinet. It's 20" deep, 4' across, & 6' high for $100. I plan on adding more shelves to it, but was a good start as building shelves would cost more, look unsightly, & a hassle to put up. Another big plus is the wife is happy with the looks, all my pc stuff in one place, & it's in the garage. I also plan on putting it on casters so as to move around & I can either take up 20" of wall space or 4' of wall space, by positioning it correctly. This product is located back in the kichen cabinet & furniture area. You have to put it together. Also, it has an oak veneer finish.
              Another option I was considering is/was from Homier:
              http://www.homier.com/default.asp
              I saw this at one of their travelling sales. Looks pretty sturdy & the price was right.
              Hope this may help! Steve

Comment

Sorry, That didn't take you directly to the part. Use the Smart Search @ the upper right page & type 04686 .

Don't know why it wouldn't cut & paste. Hope this made sense. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by senna-the-great
                  Hi,
                  BTW, How do you all clean your guns after you are done. I am having a heck of a time clearing out the last color I used.
                  I have an air blower nozzle that I soldered 2 feet of steel brake line to. It is thin enough to get into all of the nooks and crannies on the gun, and at 175psi it doesn't take too long

Hemi-T

Comment

Working...
                  X