SandBlasting [email protected]@K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SandBlasting [email protected]@K

Heres our cabinet made for sandblasting. Russ came out with the plans and went all out with this thing. It's Huge in size, has two opening doors,
    vent, quick change window, removable lighting, and is just big. Still gotta get the arm sleeves on it, a door fastener and some paint. Other than that im loving it.
    Heres some pics for any comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know what ya think.

Does it Fold FLAT?? hehehe

Looks Great. I will be doing something like that once I get more room.

Try these for sleeves:
    Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...?Itemnumber=94

Comment

nice

nice work, Im more of a metal type of guy, I would have welded something
      together, but that will work anything beats no sandblasting booth (thats what Im using now)

Comment

Hi,
        What are the dimension's of your booth?
        Thank's,
        Art
        Art in Peterborough

Comment

I have one question, do you plan on using this as a Suction type cabinet or are you hooking up a pressure pot to this? If your doing suction, you need the funnel at the bottom, or else you only have a box to put stuff in, not very handy for blasting. I'll post pics of our cabinet and dust collector we built possibly tonight, to show what I am talking about.

Comment

It's more just to have something to contain the mess. We plan on adding a small drop door on the bottom with a screen we we can just dump the sand back out and reuse it. Just needed something to keep the mess to a min.

Comment

that is kind of like mine ... but instead of the drop down i draft out of a 5 gallon bucket .. with metal bend so the sand fall's right back down a downspout in to the bucket.... it work's great ... i will post some pic's when i get my new shop all set up ....

Comment

I used the sticky foam tape that you use for putting canopys on pickups, one side is sticky and the other is foam, it comes in various widths and really seals the doors well on my blaster..
                Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                93976 Ocean Way
                541-247-8168
                [email protected]
                Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

I'm makin one too!

Here is the link to my page about building it:
                  http://www.joeshome.com/projects/bla...et/default.htm

Its kinda on the big side. One feature I have on it is the fact that the end oposite the door has another window and set of gloves. So if you have say a door or fender in the cabinet you can get at the ends of the item! Also I made the thing big enough to put about anything in it, I can even fit an entire hood to my '65 Mustang in LOL. I have a '67 Dodge truck that I would like to strip the doors and remove rust off, the doors will fit in at any angle. The cabinet mesures almost 6' wide by 4' tall and 3' deep. I might have some problem with the media material sliding down in the hopper but I have a solution for that >

I have currently stalled on the project due to having to wait for material (lense protector plastic) and I am remodeling my bathroom in da house, so I don't have much time at all to finish this. I'm hopping in about 3 weeks I will be able to get back to it!

Heres a picture (I hope it works):

Comment

That's very nice Joe. Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

WOW! That sure is nice. Be sure to get more pics. up when its done.

Comment

Yeah!

I will put up a picture here when its finished. There are alot more shots and newer shots of it on my web site here:
                        Blast Cabinet

Comment

Thats so sweet..gives me dreams....

joe ...tell me about the glass and the magnifer lens? please...tks
                          Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                          93976 Ocean Way
                          541-247-8168
                          [email protected]
                          Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

i need to build one that big ..... i did my quad frame open air ... and i was covered .....

Comment

Well...

Blademan - joe ...tell me about the glass and the magnifer lens? please...tks

Well there is no 'magnifer' lens. It seems that media cabinet makers refer to the glass or plastic that make up the windows in the cabinets as the 'lens'. What I use is 1/4" plastic that I got from Home Depot for the 'lenses'.

sorry dude

Comment

Working...
                              X