blasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blasting

Right now I have just a small compressor 2o gallon type, I was wondering if I were to put a old 80 gallon hotwater tank in line with it , if this would increase my blasting time befor the compressor had to kick in again, I realize its not going to help with the psi, i just would like to maintain some good pressure for a bit longer thanit is now..
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

It should delay the cycling of the compressor, but it will also extend the amount of time to rebuild the pressure.
    I'm not sure how much pressure the water tank will hold though, considering it was only designed to contain around 28 PSI (water line) pressure.

Comment

I piggy backed a tank

40 gal I think with my 11 gal 4hp cample hasfuild

Comment

I have a 5hp 21 gal tank and I can do about 1 min of blasting before the compressor starts up again. If I set the regulator to 90psi I can stretch it out to about 2 min. It really sucks as that is limiting me to what I can and can't do. Your Blasting media also makes a big difference as well. When I switched to Alum Oxide it worked a ton better then my prevoius material. I need to get a bigger one but need to do about 10 jobs first

Comment

your right about the blast media..I also found that by triggering my gun I can sustain psi for alot longer,,,,but the finger gets tired and the old fulll atutomatic pressure kicks in...I'm going to check out a foot switch for the blaster, we had one that operated some air tool at the mill I used to work at...as the pressure in the water tank, I'm sure the tank will with stand some heavy pressure, probably way more than 110 pounds im getting now..I was just hoping for some kick in time..plus be able to at least hear the tunes now and then...
          Pro-Tech Powder Coating
          93976 Ocean Way
          541-247-8168
          [email protected]
          Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

blade you can hook up an extra tank ... i got 3 bottles from the fire house after we got new ones and i hook them up in line ran them like we had them to fill our scba's and i got some pressure build up before the compressor kicked in .... i am looking a a few new ones .... so i can get back the space they are taking up

Comment

I've hooked up multiple air tanks before. On one project I used two identical 5HP 110v twin cylinder compressors with 20 gallon tanks hooked together for sand blasting. It helped reduce recovery time, but still didn't come anywhere near what my current 220v two stage compressor will put out. It also made the electric meter turn into a gyroscope. The electric bill went sky high.

I would be *very* nervous using water tanks, especially hot water heater tanks, for auxillary air tanks. That's not their intended purpose, and that much air pressure can be dangerous. Fire dept air tanks are completely different. They are designed for air, and also to hold much more pressure than we use. Just my $.02

Hemi-T

Comment

thanks for the input guys...looks like I will just hold out for the 2 stage and be safe....
                Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                93976 Ocean Way
                541-247-8168
                [email protected]
                Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

the only bad part about my tank's they take up to much room ... and i had them sonic tested last year .. they passed like they were new ... the water tank is under alot of stress and the pressure of the water in not like the pressure of are tank's they weaken from the inside out ...

Comment

Working...
                  X