building a blast cabinet from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a blast cabinet from scratch

can i get some input on the different types of methods for shooting the sand in my blast booth. it is 20ft long by 9ft tall and 9ft wide room on a concrete floor. i have a for piston 40 amp compressor that has very large air volume. brands types ways to set it up. recovery? any help would be greatly apreciated. jeff
    Thier are only two real sports!
    boxing and auto racing
    all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

HELP

I NEEDD TO KNOW WHAT TO USE FOR EQUIPMENT IN MY BLAST BOOTH. ITS A WALK IN BASICALLY BUILT OUT OF A SHIPPING CONTAINER. I HAVE A GREAT COMPRESSOR FOR SOME REALLY GOOD VOLUME BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT ALL THE OPTIONS ARE FOR THE EQUIPMENT. JEFF
    boxing and auto racing

Comment

The best thing that i have used yet is a pressure blaster. That is what i would use. Play sand will not want to work with it very well due to too large of particle size. The Pressure blasters seem to work alot faster than your conventional siphon blasters. I would just shoot it in your booth and eventually sweep it back up and reuse it.

Comment

Re: HELP

Originally posted by 11111111
        I NEEDD TO KNOW WHAT TO USE FOR EQUIPMENT IN MY BLAST BOOTH. ITS A WALK IN BASICALLY BUILT OUT OF A SHIPPING CONTAINER. I HAVE A GREAT COMPRESSOR FOR SOME REALLY GOOD VOLUME BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT ALL THE OPTIONS ARE FOR THE EQUIPMENT. JEFF
        This isn't an answer to your question, but just so you know, typing in all caps is the same as yelling. Just thought I'd let you know. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Just informative.

Kris

Comment

PRESSURE POT

[b]DO YOU MEAN A PRESSURE POT WHERE YOU UNSCREWW THE TOP AND FILL IT UP? MIGHT SEEM LIKE A IGNORANT QUESTION BUT I HAVE ONLY USED A SIPHON SYSTEM. JEFF SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY WORK KEY BOARD ONLY USES CAPS. HOPE I HAVE'NT HURT ANYONES EARS BY ALL THIS YELLING.
          boxing and auto racing

Comment

time to get a new keyboard .... i use a siphon set up on my cab... with a plain 6 hp compressor ... with no problems

Comment

I am almost deaf anyways so my ears are hurtin...
              Yeah Pressure Pot which ever you want to call it. All the same. It just seams to have more umph behind it. I use siphon in my cabinet too. But with given the choice of blasting tools the pressure pot seems to be better to me if your shootin in a container like you have.

Comment

all ones;
                I see you are from Washington. If you are near Tacoma, call Bridgewater's AutoBody at 253-627-4075 and ask for Jack. He has a shipping container blast booth and a pressure pot system. He'd be happy to show you what he has. His shop is by TG hospital. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

I use both and the pressure pot does an awsome job and is fast. I use a small shop vac to clean up the media than strain it through a sreen as I dump it back into the pot.

Comment

SHOP VAC

does the shop vac get trashed from using it to pick up the media?
                    boxing and auto racing

Comment

i am on on the third one .... i am thinking about investing in a good dust collecter ....

Comment

Working...
                      X