JB Weld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB Weld

I'm sorta in a crunch on this, I need to order some lab metal on monday but I need to get this one project out this weekend, has anyone had any success using JB weld?

thanks
    Wayne
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

someone here posted that they did use JB Weld. I just dont remember where the post was placed at.

Comment

me either, I scanned the past pages fast but decided to get lazy and ask...thanks anyways...should of ordered this stuff two weeks ago..as my son would say...my bad.
      Pro-Tech Powder Coating
      93976 Ocean Way
      541-247-8168
      [email protected]
      Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

You could do just a test peice. Just put alittle on a peice of metal and then spray it to see if the powder will stick to it and if it does then cure like normal to see if there is any kind of funny reaction that may accure.

Comment

JB Weld is a 2 part epoxy

The 'plastic' resin binding the metal filler will render the part non-conductive.
          --
          Mike Caswell
          Caswell Inc
          http://www.caswellplating.com
          Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

Thanks !!!!!!! I'll be talkin to you monday morning.....
            Pro-Tech Powder Coating
            93976 Ocean Way
            541-247-8168
            [email protected]
            Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

what about the product called Quiksteel?

Comment

I forgot

The biggest problem using something like JB Weld or any epoxy, is that they are not designed to be baked at 400 deg f.

The resin will probably turn plastic and lose adhesion, besides that it won't take the charge for the powder to stick
                --
                Mike Caswell
                Caswell Inc
                http://www.caswellplating.com
                Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

Re: I forgot

Originally posted by caswell
                  The biggest problem using something like JB Weld or any epoxy, is that they are not designed to be baked at 400 deg f.
                  Since I am Doing Magnesium parts I out gassed them at 500 for an hour and the stuff still held and did not change or even discolor. I even pre baked them twice, discovering that with Valve covers, you need to really clean them inside really really good. Did I mention that you need to clean Valve covers real well as the Oil makes a terrible bit of smoke and smells bad too!

I will be coating them this week so I will post pic's of the results for all to see.

Comment

Coool...got to admit.being between the rock and the hard spot...I went ahead and tried it...not like I havent striped before...anyways wasn't in a real noticable spot..but it was to me...it held..I told the guy I did it for ,I couldnt say how long or if it would last at all,, guy gave me **** fpr even worring about it.......
                    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                    93976 Ocean Way
                    541-247-8168
                    [email protected]
                    Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Blademan:
                      Originally posted by Blademan
                      Coool...got to admit.being between the rock and the hard spot...I went ahead and tried it...not like I havent striped before...anyways wasn't in a real noticable spot..but it was to me...it held..I told the guy I did it for ,I couldnt say how long or if it would last at all,, guy gave me **** fpr even worring about it.......
                      This is the difference between shops that will succeed and shops that will fail. Keep worring about what your customers will think and do the work as if it were your own.

-Scott
                      J. Scott Moncrief
                      Manager-Engineering, R&D
                      Livingstone Coating Corporation

Comment

rivermaster that sig is way to big.... but as for filler do a search of the forum and you should be able to get a good idea

Comment

Working...
                        X