Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi-T
    replied
    Yes, that sounds like the stuff. Black Magnum is (from what I understand) crushed slag. I've also seen it called Black Beauty.

Hemi-T

Leave a comment:

• WAORacing
    replied
    Menards must be a ^ North thing. I've never heard or seen of them. And cant find any black magnum any where. Although there is a place here in SC that makes blasting material called Black Diamond but you have to call one place then they ship the sand, coal or what ever they use to another like 30 mins away from where i live and that guy cooks it and makes it.

Leave a comment:

• Hemi-T
    replied
    I use "Black Magnum" available at almost any Menards. It's relatively cheap, safer than silica sand, and works on most steel and aluminum parts. I usually pay about $5 for a 50# bag. I know some of the guys pay less than that, but for a hobbyist that's not too bad. You can probably get it cheaper if you buy quantity.

Hemi-T

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    do a search of the forum there are alot of topics on that .... i use a scat mixture on all ... but on the soft stuff i use corncob or walnut .. glass work's good ..

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    started a topic Blast Media info

Blast Media info

Anyone have or know somewhere where I can find out which blast media is best to use on certain metals? I'm just starting out and have no clue what to use on what and what not to use.
Working...
X