Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First successful powder coating project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upncoming
    replied
    Re: First successful powder coating project!

Originally posted by kcrails
    Pics posted before and after. Brake calipers and rotors on Dad's 94 Corvette. The calipers were done using Caswell's PCP56016 Safety Red, and the black centers on the rotors were Caswell's PCP51008 Black Magic. Couldn't have been easier to coat, but took a week of evenings sandblasting the original coating off (epoxy-based caliper paint). Just wanted to say thanks for all the good tips I read on here! Wouldn't have come out half as good without the help.

hey did you rebuild them when you did this?

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    There they are, they weren't there last night for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• kcrails
    replied
    I just clicked on "Album" at the top of the page, currently they're the first and second pics.. Though the thumbnails look almost black and white, click on them and you'll get the full color versions.

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    Wheres the pictures at....? Didn't see any in the album..

Leave a comment:

• Blademan
    replied
    Looks to me like you did a nice job.....hehehehe I know about them epoxys...you should try a set of valve covers done in the marine epoxy....sandblasters nightmare for sure...

Leave a comment:

• kcrails
    started a topic First successful powder coating project!

First successful powder coating project!

Pics posted before and after. Brake calipers and rotors on Dad's 94 Corvette. The calipers were done using Caswell's PCP56016 Safety Red, and the black centers on the rotors were Caswell's PCP51008 Black Magic. Couldn't have been easier to coat, but took a week of evenings sandblasting the original coating off (epoxy-based caliper paint). Just wanted to say thanks for all the good tips I read on here! Wouldn't have come out half as good without the help.
Working...
X