• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• etyrrany
    replied
    Originally posted by WAORacing
    Originally posted by etyrrany
    The one I bought is +- about 5 degrees to my infra red which is right on with my calibrated spirit thermometer that I use in my dark room.

etyrrany
    Is the dark room where you spray only the glow powder?

Hmm, I didn't know glow powder was light sensative. Man, this powder coating thing is sure getting complicated these days!

etyrrany

Leave a comment:

• WAORacing
    replied
    Originally posted by etyrrany
    The one I bought is +- about 5 degrees to my infra red which is right on with my calibrated spirit thermometer that I use in my dark room.

etyrrany
    Is the dark room where you spray only the glow powder?

Leave a comment:

• etyrrany
    replied

etyrrany

Leave a comment:

• senna-the-great
    replied
    But how accurate is a $5.00 themometer?

Art

Leave a comment:

• etyrrany
    replied
    Yeah, I had the same thing. It turned out that 400 F was actually 325 on the dial.

A simple over thermometer is no more than $5 at home depot. Nobody should be powder coating without one.

etyrrany

Leave a comment:

• ke4ram
    started a topic Orange Peel

Orange Peel

Awihile back I asked about orange peeling. All second coats were doing it and I was getting blistering on some first coats. Well, turns out it was temperature. Seems you can't believe thermostat markings on the devices. Purchased a thermometer and found 400 degrees was at 285 on the oven. Can you imagine what 425 was
    Temp is very important. This newbie found out the hard way.

Thanks for the responses

regards
    Ken
Working...
X