glow in the dark powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow in the dark powder?

Has anybody ever tried to mix this stuff in with powder coating. I talked to the people that have it and the said "it works fine in powder coats. Pigments can be heated to 500 degree and remain stable". But would it hold the charge and take to the part like the powder does? If not how would it be applied to the parts? Any info on this would be good so I can get to an understanding on this.

'Maine'
    D.I.L.U.S.I.

Drive It Like You Stole It

couple of other questions about it

If it's mixed with white P/C, I understand it looks a little chalky, and has that greenish watch-hand glow. But what if you mix it with other colors? Does it tint other colors in any certain way? And also, if you mix it with a red, does the red affect the glow color? What about if you shoot it mixed with a white, and then coat that with a translucent candy color? Also, has anyone tried mixing it with metalflake to see if the metal flakes would reflect the glow and sparkle in the dark? I look forward to trying out some of these things, but no sense in reinventing the wheel, especially if the wheel it creates winds up square.

Comment

dont get to excited....yet...if you mix it with a clear it seems to work fine..now for the fun part...you can get it in pink,blue (spendy) red and the normal glow..i use it on fishing lures...its tricky....i would suggest not.. NOT mix it in a nother powder other than clearcolor..its like askin for trouble....... if your going for the pre mixed stuff...well i have always been disappointed on anything other than lures..just my trials with glo's over the years
      Pro-Tech Powder Coating
      93976 Ocean Way
      541-247-8168
      [email protected]
      Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

does it pull in anymore fish? lol
        D.I.L.U.S.I.

Comment

Now you know every one has that " BIG FISH STORY " but no pictures...jsut thought i'd throw that in there to see if some one does post some pictures.

Comment

well if anybody is interested in trying this out the link i have for it is~~>http://www.glowpaintpro.com/glow_powder.html...share with us how it comes out if you do it.
            D.I.L.U.S.I.

Comment

Working...
            X