Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J B Weld Revisited

Noob here,
    I'm finishing a four foot tall sculpture , which I hope to PC this weekend. I an effort to cover up a fair amount of deep scratches and mis-weldings I plan to use JB Weld. I tried a sample earlier today and found it covered well and flowed normally ( 400 for 25 min.) I noticed in searching the archives that the consensus is not to use it though my destructive tests showed a tight bond and no noticeable disintegration of the JB Weld. So...Comments, do I trust it?
    Thanks
    Dick

If you tried it and are happy with the results go with what you see/feel/know....not with what you read.

Disclaimer: No I am not bashing anyone in this forum, just saw an opertunity to use something my father kept telling me while growing up and jumped on the chance

Comment

Correct-- if it works and you are happy then use it.The things on this forum are mearly suggestions not commandments. However if it pleases you , then you may call me Moses.

Comment

as you probably noticed i started asking about JB awhile back....I too went with the JB weld...it worked and sure was a hell of alot cheaper than the almost thirty bucks for the metal lab..and much easier to work with...now maybe on a really deep dent it might be a different story..
        Pro-Tech Powder Coating
        93976 Ocean Way
        541-247-8168
        [email protected]
        Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with flow. The sample worked, why not the piece?
          Appreciate the thoughts.
          Dick

Comment

Has anyone tried our epoxy sticks?
            These are filled with steel, aluminum, copper etc.
            Anyone willing to try it?
            --
            Mike Caswell
            Caswell Inc
            http://www.caswellplating.com
            Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

Sure would, I'm always looking for a better way to finish the surface blemishes. 30 years a blacksmith/weldor and still searching for the perfect way to finish. I would like to try a steel stick.

Dick

Comment

Working...
              X