Flat black powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat black powder?

I'm interested in doing some parts in flat black and I was wondering if anyone has any pics of parts coated with a flat powder? I've never seen a flat-finish PC part, but Caswell sells a flat black epoxy powder so it must be do-able.

Thanks.

Nobody has used the flat black? I really just want to get an idea of what to expect, how it compares to flat paint, etc.

Comment

Flat black

Go to the album at top and go in powder coating pic's and you will see flat black powder. i think it is on page 5. the 2 on the right is cured the 2 on the left is not fully cured yet.
      WARCHILD

Comment

Cant seem to find the pictures.

I am looking for a flat black powder also. Didnt see it in the list that Caswell sells... am I blind?

Comment

I found this.... http://www.caswellplating.com/bbs/al...php?pic_id=346

but, that doesnt look very flat to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker
            I found this.... http://www.caswellplating.com/bbs/al...php?pic_id=346

but, that doesnt look very flat to me.
            No, that halfmatte. Its an International powder used by Volvo on their tractors and dumpers, maily for the frames, so its tough as hell...
            WEIRD Performance & Coatings
            Sweden

Comment

Does Caswell sell a true matte black powder?

Comment

Flat black

to be honest with you I never really had good luck with flat black powder, I was making a backplate for my stereo in my motorcar an decided to powder it instead of paint, I tried like 3 times to powder it, finish never came out nice. I ended up painting it.

Comment

Re: Flat black powder?

Hey Wozie:
                  I have used Caswell's "Flat Black" on a ton of stuff. It flows nice, easy to work with. But when I first used it, I really thought it looked more like "semi flat" when comparing to flat black liquid paint. So when customers wanted a semi flat aka semi gloss powder, I was selling them the Caswells Flat Black as a semi flat. Since, I have stocked another "semi gloss" black powder & when viewed side by side, the Caswell flat is flatter than the semi gloss.
                  Now I display all three (flat, semi & gloss) side by side, powder to powder they are really different, but comparing the flat powder to a flat liquid paint, the liquid is truely flatter than the powder.
                  Clear as black powder?
                  Good Luck
                  Bob
                  www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

Any chance I could get pictures of the three side my side? I have someone that is wanting flat black coating... not sure I can offer that at thsis time.

Not good.

Comment

you might wanna try this

I was doing some expirimental powder coating with mirror black, i coated a piece of aluminum with mirror black and baked it at 475-500 degrees for a half hour. It came out as a really nice flat black i dont know if i burned off the clear but it looked nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X