i got flooded !!!!! my oven turned in to a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got flooded !!!!! my oven turned in to a boat

i got flooded and my oven turned in to a boat.. i got it out and it was not to bad ... can i dry it out and reuse it or just toss it and get a new one .. this oven is only a month old ...

Sorry to hear that custom. I would dry it out for at least a week then plug it in and see if it trips the breaker or not. if not turn it on and see what happens. gotta let it dry out real well prior to appling power!

Comment

i had 6' + of water in the shop my car looks like the bloop from the mud pit ... to bad i did not catch any fish.... whit this flood i am all about closed for good every thing is soaked and caked with mud so i am going to try to get what i can back in order and find a job til i get back on my feet... i lost well over 40 grand in stuff not counting the building and my monte ss drag car... and i did not have flood insurance and the federal aid is slow to get this way .. so lucky i had a little shop at my house that i can do little stuff.... but all in all what are ya going to do ...

Comment

hey chuck..let me know if I can help,, got a bit of powder in var colors...
        Pro-Tech Powder Coating
        93976 Ocean Way
        541-247-8168
        [email protected]
        Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Call FEMA ASAP! Are you in a Classified Flood Zone? IF not then you should qualify for FEMA $$$$. I know a lot of people in this area was not in flood zones so after the Hurricanes they got FEMA funding.

Comment

wyane i tryed what i talked to you about and it did not work i was going try to find a fine mess screen and roll it out like you do flour .. i was looking around this am and i found the powder coater from dale up in the rafters and a few buffing supplys ... from what i can tell if i get down there with the dump and open all my machines i may be able to dry out some stuff ... fema came around and i filled out the papers so i will see ...

thanks for the offer .. i will get back to you in a few days

hey noob i now know the feeling of fla.

Comment

Originally posted by customandsound

hey noob i now know the feeling of fla.
              With the Track Jeane is taking looks like we are not done. GO AWAY!! I HAVE POWDER COATING TO DO!!!!!!!

Comment

noob the last time it flooded it came right up to the back door .. that was a year ago.. so i went out and build a 4' high block wall along the creek and put a channel in the front to catch the water that bypassed the wall... i am not in a flood area but with all the rain my work did not work... seeing how ivan returned it needs to go south and that new one i sure hope it loops back to sea......

well i do got a few more? for you noob and any one else that may be able to figure it out ...

1. my compressor is a 2 stage dual piston .. the company said they will recon it for me now here is the ? seeing how it has water in it should i let them recon it or just dump it. it is less than a 3 months old so i should get the full value of it
                2. on the solid state board that is in my powder coat box are they repairable ?
                3. should i level the building and open a hotdog stand in it place

i want to keep some stuff but i know i need to replace it

Comment

Originally posted by customandsound
                  noob the last time it flooded it came right up to the back door .. that was a year ago.. so i went out and build a 4' high block wall along the creek and put a channel in the front to catch the water that bypassed the wall... i am not in a flood area but with all the rain my work did not work... seeing how ivan returned it needs to go south and that new one i sure hope it loops back to sea......

well i do got a few more? for you noob and any one else that may be able to figure it out ...

1. my compressor is a 2 stage dual piston .. the company said they will recon it for me now here is the ? seeing how it has water in it should i let them recon it or just dump it. it is less than a 3 months old so i should get the full value of it
                  2. on the solid state board that is in my powder coat box are they repairable ?
                  3. should i level the building and open a hotdog stand in it place

i want to keep some stuff but i know i need to replace it
                  1. That depends. Wait for FEMA, A friend of mine who lost everything in Andrew got $35k for his business. What is the cost of the Recon? Contact FEMA and stress to them that you need this equipment replaced/repaired to get your business running again and ask them how much longer it will take and if you get it fixed/replaced prior to getting any fedreal fund would that be ok?

2. I think they are a consumable (ie disposable) design. Is it a Caswell PC system, It might be under warr then... clean it up and hope they dont read this thread :P Clean it off real well and let it dry for several days prior to using it. Most circuit boards can be dropped in water and suffer no damages as long as there is no power running thru them at the time.

3. Only if you get a girl with really big onions to stand in front to help sell them!

Comment

sorry that shaker thing didnt work............got the ol gears rollin in the head..if I think of anything else I will let ya know...btw if ya can get your hands on a propane space heater throw that sucker in the shop to dry the air...but dont seal the room that damn propane puts a bit of moisture in the air too.
                    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                    93976 Ocean Way
                    541-247-8168
                    [email protected]
                    Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

to recon my compressor it is $ 750 new it is $2700 not counting the lines and dryer .... i got the bobcat in there and scraped all i could i filled a roll of with stuff and pressured washed everything i left the door's open to air out seeing how if they want the junk they can have it ... i am going to call everyone i can in the morning

Comment

good news ...... i got a personal loan and bus. loan i should be open by the end of oct...
                        in a new place ... but same spot ...insurance paid for the car's......

Comment

coooooooooooooooool chuck...see..there is a god.............course he has a hell of a since of humor.......well at least mine does,,,,,,,,,,still if I can help let me know.....lgotta remember go for the gusto...its election year....Bush will do anything for a vote..........wouldnt put it past that tricky sawed off texan to have the ol Rand corp devising a weather machine so he can use fema....well at least that way i could handle another court appointed pres........I still think Pat Paulson would have been a good deal....(probably mispelled his name...but if your old enuff you'll know)
                          Pro-Tech Powder Coating
                          93976 Ocean Way
                          541-247-8168
                          [email protected]
                          Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Breaking News:

Just in from the good old miller's run creek :

no... here is a pic of my new oven with a mud bath :

i cleaned as much off i as could .. i got the inside looking good .. i still have not tryed it ..

Comment

blademan drop me an email !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X