First time PC over chrome and polished aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time PC over chrome and polished aluminum

tried it out for the first time. wondering if i'm doin somethin wrong. the pieces were new so i cleaned them, scuffed them, cleaned them again, and pre-baked. i used tropical orange on both(by the way--very bright color). the problem is on both pieces the powder came away from the edges not alot but enough to be noticed. Also its like you could see through the powder. should i have used a base coat first or was the PC on to thin?

I coat over chrome & AL all the time & have never had any issues. Powder certainly doesn't like right angles though! so I would suggest a slight bevel on those difficult edges, if it is feasible for you to do so. & if you can see through the finish, put it on thicker but if the powder you are using is a candy, then transparency is what you seek or what you will get!

nutty
    SouthWest Powderworx
    Tyler Nutter
    www.swpowder.com
    myspace/swpowder
    [email protected]
    sigpic

Comment

I suggest you spray it a little thicker. Always inspect the part before you cure it to see if you can see bare metal.

Comment

I have had the exact same problem No matter how thick I spray....the powders some times pull away from the corners.

Comment

thanks for the replys. i'll be trying it again this week on friday. we'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X