OVEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVEN

I have been building ovens for a few people and shops in my aera. If any one is intrested contact me. I can help you with info or I can build an oven for you. I have a jig for a oven that is 3ft tall 5ft deep and 3ft wide. I am starting to build them now with either the end or a side is removable to add on to them for some of the larger projects when need be. The only thing needed to operate is the floor space for the oven and a 50 amp plug (same as your cooking oven). also it can have wheels or not so that it may be rolled out of the way. Temperture control is very exact for powder or ceramic.
    Thier are only two real sports!
    boxing and auto racing
    all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

do you have any pics, price, do you ship, does it have a vent, and or fan, does it have a window?.... any info on these questions would be great thanks....

Comment

oven

Yes they have a window, I have not shipped a oven but I dont see a problem with this (i delivered them locally in my truck). without a internal fan it would not be possible to regulate the temps so closely. I am working on a getting a video put together which should be done in a couple weeks or so. i'm not really sure on a price right away? I'm not sure if thier is a need for a oven for the industrie. I was hoping since this oven could be added too to make a larger unit at a later date or just when you have bigger parts it would be very useful too the hobbiest or small shop. If your really serious e mail me and I'll see about helping you build your own or me building one for you. It's quite a bit of work to put one together and I believe it would be a lot less time consuming and cost efctive to build a few at one time. we are using them for wheels and bike frames mostly. I think in the next ones that get built we are putting a rack in the something like a dishwasher so you just open the door pull out the rack hang your part push it in sent the temp and watch the part through the window. when you get to the point where your curing set the timer to shut down the elements at your preset time. I get perfect results every time, but truly good powder work is all in the prep. I cant tell you how many great pieces I have done just in toaster oven.
      boxing and auto racing

Comment

You should put together and sell plans. If you do, I'll be first on your list to buy a set. (As long as they're not too much )

Kris

Comment

What type of elements are you using?

Comment

elements

I have used a three different elements and have got the best results from cooking oven elements. you have to put a shield around them and make sure the air flow is right but they work great.
            boxing and auto racing

Comment

I'll take one when you get going!!!!!!!

Comment

take a look at (cooking up a oven project)
                boxing and auto racing

Comment

take a look at (cooking up a oven project)
                  boxing and auto racing

Comment

if you can . can you toss up some pic's

Comment

Re: What gives?

Originally posted by dagobert
                      Customandsound,
                      As forum moderator, perhaps you can answer a question for me- I noticed a "warnings-1" tonight beside my username. What was this for? First I've heard of it, and if I don't know why I got it, how do I avoid doing it again? Please explain to me what was the point of this?
                      Thanks,
                      dagobert (aka Jay)
                      respect the other persons on the post... the remark you stated on another post was un called for this is an infomation post and what noob stated was info he felt that every one should know ... if you want to take a few sec's to read the following post:
                      1. http://www.caswellplating.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1482
                      any other ? about it please feel free to contact me at : [email protected]

now back to 111111 post ...

the insulation is it cello.. or fiber glass? and would it be better to weld the seam?

Comment

the insulation is fiberglass.
                        boxing and auto racing

Comment

I will buy a oven, but

I need an oven that is 3 feet wide, 4 feet tall, and 5 feet long.

I'm building chopper frames and if your price is low, I will buy a powder coat oven from you.

Send pictures of the ovens you've built or have available for sale to [email protected]

If you have plans or blueprints, send those to [email protected]

Thanks. Terry

Comment

it really is a better idea too make it 3ft tall and 4ft wide, it just makes it easier to access the oven. bike frames are easier to lower in from the top. putting them into the oven from the side just makes it easier to wipe off bits of powder from touching the sides going in. i am starting to be more of a believer of top loading. its simple convient an can be designed in to your spray booth. if you put your oven next to your spray booth you can place track on the roof that the part hangs from. then position the track so that you can slide the part over the top of the oven and just lower it down with just a simple hand crank or electric motor depending on the weight. the part should hang from a rack that fits into the top of the oven so that you need not touch the part.
                            let me be a bit more specific. when the top on your oven is open you should have slots cut into it tha a pipe will set in. tis pipe is what you should hang your part on when your coating. you would have a track of some type mounted on the ceiling connected firmly to the rafter for strenght. then from whatever you are using on your track as a roller mount a winch (i like a hand crank but harbor has some cool cheap small winches).from the winch come down with chain rope (what ever size for your parts weight) and build a simple square out of pipe or square tubing, this is what you will hang the part from.
                            make the side of your spray booth open in some way that is simple and easy for the part to be swung or slid over to the top of your oven. in the top of the oven with the lid open you will need some notches for the square hanger you have built to set into when you lower the part into the oven. at this point you will have just the chain hooks to un hook when the square hanging platformsets in the oven.close the lid and wa-la.
                            put a stop on the track that stops it in the exact spot over the oven evry time. put a swivel at the top of the unit so that you can spinn it in the booth. this is great for a small and large booth. i am a firm believer that the paRT should come to you not you to the part.
                            always before coating hang your parts and make sure they fit in the oven before coating. with a system set up like this you cant go wrong. the right tool and set up makes it so much easier to make great parts. also the right set up uses up less shop space. like making your part spinn in the spray booth you now dont need to have the space to walk around the part.
                            boxing and auto racing

Comment

I sent you an email regarding an oven. Thanks for any info. ronniej

Comment

Working...
                              X