X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viper56
    replied
    Customandsound,

Sent you an email. Hope that you got it.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• customandsound
    Guest replied
    jim i see you are in pa to.. how's about droping me a email .... if do don't mine!

Leave a comment:

• viper56
    replied
    Thanks for all of your help. Calipers were done in Caswell's Safety Red and pictures are posted in the album. Jim

Leave a comment:

• Noob2PC
    replied
    Originally posted by senna-the-great
    When powder coating caliper's are you guy's using any
    special powder for the heat or just standard poly powder?
    Thanks,
    Art
    I am using a discount tool places powder for the items I am eBaying. I use Caswells for customers and my own parts. The Calipers themselves do not get that hot, it is the Rotors that get HOT

Leave a comment:

• customandsound
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by bzer1
    FWIW, I tear them down and clean em first. I don't like the idea of anything but powder being baked in my oven. Even new calipers have some lube on the seals.
    THAT IS WHY TO TAKE THEM APART!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• senna-the-great
    replied
    When powder coating caliper's are you guy's using any
    special powder for the heat or just standard poly powder?
    Thanks,
    Art

Leave a comment:

• rlanigan
    replied
    Hi all,
    I just did my calipers this week, (and redoing them, my error) but they are easy to disassemble. I just blast a little air into-em and the piston pops out. Never put seals in the oven......

Leave a comment:

• bzer1
    replied
    FWIW, I tear them down and clean em first. I don't like the idea of anything but powder being baked in my oven. Even new calipers have some lube on the seals.

Leave a comment:

• Noob2PC
    replied
    I am doing some now that I am removing the cups and seals. I am selling them after I am finished so I will let the new owners rebuild them.

Leave a comment:

• viper56
    started a topic Brake Caliper Seals???

Brake Caliper Seals???

When coating brake calipers, do you PC it and bake it with the cup and seals in, then replace the old seals with new ones or do you remove the cup and seals first, then mask the cylinder opening before coating and baking?

Thanks!!
Working...
X