Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compressor no workie!!! :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Compressor no workie!!! :(

    Well I fired up the compressor to do some automotive work today and it was short cycling. It would rn for 20 sec then shut of. I have to wait 5 min and hit the little reset button for another 20 sec then wait again, it has now progressed to where it will not turn on at all. Damn this sucks cause I have customers parts to PC!!!!!! yes it was a cheap Harbor Freight Compressor but figured it would last more than 9 months.

  • #2
    return it !!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by customandsound
      return it !!!!!!!
      I would love to but the only warr for like 30 days, after that I have to go manufacturer for warr work. I might try that, god only knows how much money I have spent in that place.

      Comment


      • #4
        noob when i got flooded on the 17th i went out and bought a 100 buck compressor from homedepot.. it is tiny and sitt's on a shelf .. i used it til they got my recon.. it worked to shoot powder but sucked to blast with ... caswell got a nice little one that will spray but i am not sure about the blasting part

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by customandsound
          noob when i got flooded on the 17th i went out and bought a 100 buck compressor from homedepot.. it is tiny and sitt's on a shelf .. i used it til they got my recon.. it worked to shoot powder but sucked to blast with ... caswell got a nice little one that will spray but i am not sure about the blasting part
          I know, I have a Fiero club member who is loosing his storage space, aka parents moving, and he has a 6.5 hp 35 gal tank on that he needs a place to store it at. hrmm go figure, i have a garage that needs a compressor. will work out but he will not be getting it here for 2 months. I will work something out somehow. Lucky for me I have paid for parts done except one set and that customer will wait.

          Comment


          • #6
            if you have a electric magnetic starter just take it apart and clean it smear a touch of grease on the magnets and that shouldfix you up. or just go to harbor and by just a motor, then send yours in for service and you will always have a back up motor. always remember harbor sales cheap junk and you need two of everything if you are going to use them as your equipment supplier. I buy a lot of **** from thier but nothing that would shut me down if it broke.
            Thier are only two real sports!
            boxing and auto racing
            all the rest are just games.

            Drive it like you stole it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 11111111
              if you have a electric magnetic starter just take it apart and clean it smear a touch of grease on the magnets and that shouldfix you up. or just go to harbor and by just a motor, then send yours in for service and you will always have a back up motor. always remember harbor sales cheap junk and you need two of everything if you are going to use them as your equipment supplier. I buy a lot of **** from thier but nothing that would shut me down if it broke.
              I found my paperwork this morning and will contact them about warr work. I hope they do not want me to ship it back whole as it would cost me the same as a new compressor. Will update tonight.

              Comment


              • #8
                i got 5 die grinders from there they are good paper weights now

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well discovered 1 year Warrr, date of purchase MAr. so I call up tomorrow and see if I take back to store or have them pay shipping. will post update with more info. UPDATE! After speaking to the Cust Service # and calling the Store, Since someone screwed up and inserted a 1 year warr card and they said they will honor it. I hope so cause I dont have a spare $$$$ for a replacement.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well an Update.

                    After calling their Tech Support # and explaining that the compressor is short cycling, on for 8 sec then off for 30-60, repeat. they said well if you have a 1 year war cert take it back . went to the store and swapped it out for another one. :P But the worst thing is they now have a 6.5 HP 60 Gal 240V model for $329!!!! I need that one for Sandblasting!

                    Hhrmm, anyone want to donate to the Noo2PC Compressor fund?? Simply send donations to me!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i would loved to contribute to the fund, how about you just put it all on my account. on acount i have no money.
                      thiers nothing worse than buying something and then finding out that its not exactly what you need. what i would do is just call the local propane supplier and see if you can buy or have a old 250lgallon tank that thier done with and just install that. it will tank a bit to fill it up but most likely youll never have asupply problem again. put control valves on the tank so when your done you can seal it up tight and dont have to start witha empty tank every time you turn it on. i recommend thgis to everyone this has worked very well for me and i would not do it any other way. once the intial volume and pressure is built up the compressor has no idea and works just as it did before but when you need extended volume on big projects it stheir. jeff
                      Thier are only two real sports!
                      boxing and auto racing
                      all the rest are just games.

                      Drive it like you stole it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I bought this at lowes for under 600bucks... It has the V' Cylinder arrangement.. I can run my sandblaster for almost 10 mins before it kicks on... Then it only runs for a couple on mins and shuts down for another 10... I love this compressor.. It was worth saving extra dough for it. Campbell Hausfield does make different qualities of compressors, hence harbors low price on that 60 gallon your looking at

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jagboy69
                          Campbell Hausfield does make different qualities of compressors, hence harbors low price on that 60 gallon your looking at
                          The one for 329 is not CF and it is marked Factory Recon, 1 year Warr though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            this is my new setup. i just built the roof tonight its plumbed and seems to be working well.
                            http://www.caswellplating.com/bbs/al...php?pic_id=269
                            Thier are only two real sports!
                            boxing and auto racing
                            all the rest are just games.

                            Drive it like you stole it!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X