larger ovens and air circulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larger ovens and air circulation

I am building an oven, 24x30x60 tall. I am concerned that the top will be far hotter than the bottom. My plans are to have two sets of oven elements, the primary ones on the bottom and a second set for preheating on the top. A fan does not seem like a great idea as it is likely to stir up dirt and impurities. Has anyone experimented with putting heat baffle over the element and letting the air rise through a "duct" to the top. Then the rising air would force circulation. Am I wasting my time on a non-issue?

I have 2 fans in my oven both are 8 inches in diameter.Dust isn't an issue in the oven if you just open the doors occasionly and blow out with an air hose.I suggest both sets of elements be placed at the bottom simply because the heat is going up anyways why start it there.My 4 elements are bottom mounted and the fans are in the floor center pulling down.

Comment

Hey Electrathon, nice to see you here also. That makes at least 3 Fiero owners!!

Kris

Comment

What are the odds here! 3 Fiero people! All wandering into a non-Fiero forum.

Dale, what is the size of your oven and how fast are you spinning the fans?

Thanks,
        Aaron

PS: The spell check can't identify Fiero.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrathon
          What are the odds here! 3 Fiero people! All wandering into a non-Fiero forum.

PS: The spell check can't identify Fiero.
          Yeah, but I am the only one with a cool avatar!

Comment

Noob you might want to add another owner. I own 2 1984 2m4 fieros.
            The oven is 3ft X 4 1/2ft X 6ft and they run under 600 rpm.The exact rpm escapes me at the moment. When I get a sec I'll check the motor and find the exact number for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DALE
              Noob you might want to add another owner. I own 2 1984 2m4 fieros.
              The oven is 3ft X 4 1/2ft X 6ft and they run under 600 rpm.The exact rpm escapes me at the moment. When I get a sec I'll check the motor and find the exact number for you.
              Well then, you might want to check out www.fiero.nl That is the greatest Fiero forum around.

Electrathon, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm shop_rat45 on Pennocks. I forgot I have a different username here.

Noob2PC (Kento):

To keep this on topic, a lot of people use fans and don't have any problems. The fans will help prevent hot spots and will evenly heat the parts better. Just remember how hot the oven gets. You don't want to bake a belt or motor so don't put them inside the oven. I'd run the shaft inside the oven and leave the motor outside.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Noob2PC
                Yeah, but I am the only one with a cool avatar!
                There, I fixed that!

Comment

Just wondering.....did we fix the fan issue or the fiero thing.....If its the fan issue id like to know what was done.......
                  learning is knowledge

Comment

P.S.
                    whats a Avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny933
                      Just wondering.....did we fix the fan issue or the fiero thing.....
                      I fixed that he had an aviator and I didn't. It is the little pic below the user name.

Comment

Working...
                      X