Help, with spoke rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, with spoke rims

I am doing some Ford Model T spoke rims. The spokes are welded to the inner & outer rims. I am having a really tough time geting the powder to cover the weld spots. They are being done in Caswell Vanilla. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    www.capecodpowdercoating.com

I would suggest to heat the part to 180 F and coat it
    that should help .
    on a high end gun you would just have to adjust the KV

Comment

agree warm the part then shoot that area first.
      Are these the same wheel you had the yellowing on? If so did you re-strip them ?
      Jim Shuster
      www.backyardpowdercoating.com Sold.....
      www.chrissys68mustang.com Hobbie
      www.photogserver.net Web Hosting.

Comment

Re: Help with Spoke rims.

I should have know to warm them up Duh... Sometimes I just get ahead of myself. Yes Jim, same set of rims that I had the "orange" problem. But no, I have not redone the one rim that I had the orange issue with. I hope to get to that one today. I will let you know what happens.
        Bob

Comment

I did five 1929 model A ford rims and had same problem. i just coated them 2 times. next time i mite try heating them up like that. may save me a lot of oven time. 5 wheels at 30min each 2 times in the oven. thats like 300mins of oven not counting the cool down time. (20min ea.) and i only made $200. for that job. i done named the price befor i know what i had to do. i'll never do that agin.
          WARCHILD

Comment

Working...
          X