Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum wheels problem

Hi all....

I got a set of aluminum wheels that are pretty worn and needs pc. But, i got a huge problem with getting the old paint off. I dont think they are powder coated, the paint is like gum and no chemical stripper does much more than soften it up a bit, blasting is just a waste of time, at least in my cabinet and we use a device similar to this combined with a cabinet:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=34202

Even tried to heat the wheels, dont do any good.

Any ideas? Thinking of just sanding them down and pc right over the old paint....
    WEIRD Performance & Coatings
    Sweden

i just did some camero wheels with the same prob, I stuck them in the oven at 500 and baked the **** off....one thing though these were steel wheels....i dont think it would hurt the alum wheels but you may want to check around a bit first.

Wayne
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

steel shot will clean them right up .. i had the same problem blademan had .. took them down to the machine shop and they to care them for $10 buck each .... i use one of them blaster when i am cleaning frames to coat .. they work great ... i built a 12 ' by 18 foot plactic off area and go to town ... i got a beach to go with the water if i get flooded again

Comment

I have the same unit but find it has a hard time with Course media, Med and Fine are ok but Course tends to block up..
        Jim Shuster
        www.backyardpowdercoating.com Sold.....
        www.chrissys68mustang.com Hobbie
        www.photogserver.net Web Hosting.

Comment

Working...
        X