X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viper56
    replied
    chicagorich,

With that size of oven and running at 3000w, you should be able to heat it to 400 degrees with no problem. It will just take a little time to get it to temp. I would try to place the elements at the bottom since heat rises, but if you do not have the space, then place one at the bottom and one at the top. JMHO

Jim

Leave a comment:

• chicagorich
    replied
    thanks for the reply

I will be running running two 1500 watt elements off two different 110v circuits because i don't have another 220v in my garage. Do you think this will be enough. It has half the power of yours but my oven is half of your ovens size, sounds like it will work but i guess i will have to find out the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• jtagger19
    replied
    2'x2'x2' that's close to a stove oven , 2 would be more than enogh for it
    how ever you can only fit one on the bottom and one on top if ussing 2 elements , if you are going to biuld it why don't you go bigger ?

some say best place for the elements is the bottom
    my 6'x5'x4 oven has 3 on top and 3 at the bottom and it's working fine

Leave a comment:

• viper56
    replied
    chicagorich,

I just completed an oven that is 3'x4'x3' and am using two 3100w elements. It takes approx. 20 min. to get to 450 deg. from a cold start. I purchased these elements off of the Internet for $9.00 a piece. A toaster oven is only 110v and if you plan on wiring the elements together off of one circuit, you will not get the total output of each element. You would be heating with less than the 2500w that you had expected.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• chicagorich
    started a topic Hi new to board and have a few oven questions

Hi new to board and have a few oven questions

I just purchased a hotcoat kit and will start constructing the oven in a couple of days. I have a plan and need some feed back from experienced coaters. My oven is for small parts but big enough to fit wheels, it will be 2'x2'x2'. I'm an experienced metal worker so the structure wont be a problem , but heating it is my dilemma. I plan on gutting two 1250 watt toaster ovens each capable of 400 degrees and mouting the elements inside with a small fan to gently circulate the air. Will this be enough heating power to cure my parts? Also what would be a proper mounting position for the elements, both on the bottom, one on each side, one on top and one on the bottom? My goal is to make this inexpensive as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Working...
X