Display Color Availabilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Color Availabilty

How do you guys display color availabilty to your customers?
    Besides the web-site of course. What I am looking for, is there a color wheel, or brochure that Caswell offers for their customers.
    Thanks for info
    Brian

Re: Display Color Availabilty

Originally posted by bkoenig
    How do you guys display color availabilty to your customers?
    Besides the web-site of course. What I am looking for, is there a color wheel, or brochure that Caswell offers for their customers.
    Thanks for info
    Brian
    I have them close their eyes and say, that is black. when do you want it HB fuller offered a free color wheel you can get. Now it will have a lot of colors that caswell has but they are not all the same. some are different.

Comment

Re: "Display Color Availabilty"

I have a store front that I have many items powder coated in many of the colors I stock. For the colors I don't have in stock. I have the HB Fuller color wheel along with color wheels from other suppliers.
      But the powdered items on display really sell better than then the colors on the wheels.
      When I use a special color that a customer has asked for. I always powder a small scrap of metal and then have the customer come back in to "OK" the color, before I PC their items. Ask me why
      Bob
      www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I kind of figured an actual display is your best selling point.
        When I get my blaster situation straightened out, I planned on coating several old and or non-items (old tonka truck bed, caliphers from my motorcycles etc)
        I know if I were a customer, I would prefer to see a example in person. Displays would be great for the consumer that doesn' know for sure what pc'ing is.

Like the close your eyes comment, funny...
        Brian

Comment

I thought the "wrenches idea" displayed in the album was clever (small, multi-use, customer friendly, etc...).

Comment

I am starting to do a few fender washers when ever I do a different color or have just alittle powder left of a color. A friend of mine had key chain tags made and did them all in different colors to pass out.

Comment

Anyone have a link to that HB Fuller wheel? I think I ordered one about 6 months ago, but I never got it.

Comment

Originally posted by remotestartdepot
                Anyone have a link to that HB Fuller wheel? I think I ordered one about 6 months ago, but I never got it.
                ARGH!!! I can't find it. I am searching but coming up with a big fat ZERO! I will look on mine at home and see what the link is.

editted to add below
                I FOUND THIS!!!!

To order your free Caliber color wheel, simply email us at [email protected], or call our Inside Sales team at 888-452-2847.

NOTE THIS IS just for the free color wheel. I am not endorsing nor recommending their brand of powder. I fully support, stand behind and believe in Caswells products and customer Service.

Comment

We have some HB Fuller color wheels we can sell you. I think they're approx $5 each. Give us a call.
                  --
                  Mike Caswell
                  Caswell Inc
                  http://www.caswellplating.com
                  Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

I got ya all beat...

Iron City Beer came out with alumin. Beer Bottles.. Oh ya there was a lot of drinking going on at the shop ..

I did 1 bottle per color as in powder and there is over 100 bottles on the shelf. I did 1 bottle per ceramic color to. I polished sand blasted with each grade of media i use .. then to top it off.. i got little weed eater piston's and cranks powdered them and i use them at tree ornaments for christmas ... and let me tell you i think i sell more bottles than i even do anything else

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys. There are defiantly some great ideas that I would have not thought of. Since I have a few older Honda bikes laying around, I plan on coating some parts off of them to start.

Like the bottle idea, especially the amount of drinking that had to be had. What a great excuse "Yes I am drunk honey, but it is for the good of the business, hiccup..."

Comment

trust me after build these race car there will be more laying around .. we got 1 show car that need's to be done by the 25 of the month and it is in primer no motor or anything ...

Comment

I sheared up a couple of sheets of aluminum and steel into 4"X4" squares.
                          Everytime I shoot a new color I throw in one steel and one aluminum plate to display the color and the shade difference between the metals.They all hang on the wall in the shop.For commercial customers I powder these plates and mail the plates to them for final color approval.

Comment

Working...
                          X