oven questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven questions

I have a Gruenburg 8x4x6 oven that was set up to run on 3phase electric, what is the best way and how to convert it over to run on single phase with a required 50 amp servicei

If your oven has an element(s) like an electric kitchen range, it won't matter if you run it single or multi-phase. It operates the same. Most commercial buildings only have 120/208v available. This means all the equipment used must be able to run off either 120 or 208. Look for a tag that says what the voltage requirements are. Most likely it'll say a range like 206-250v. If that's the case, put a double-pull breaker in and wire up a dryer plug so it runs off 240v. There's most likely a wiring schematic inside the electrical box attached to your oven. Read what the amperage requirements are as well to be sure you size your breaker sufficiently. Use amps = watts / volts. E-mail me if you need more info.
    Don

Comment

The service is giving me 80amps from the box, the oven will draw about 68amps, so basically 70amps will be needed, wired 230vac with 4 elements 2500kilowats each plus controll etc..

I wired it up today and had a voltage drop that got the oven running at or around 204vac, so I got it wired up with a new transformer to stabilize the voltage at plus or minus 10 percent of 230vac, see what happens tomorrow, I need to get a new semiconductor contactor with heatsink (2pole) with at least 70amps because the 3 phase 50amp is toast.

Comment

Working...
      X