Yamaha blue color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha blue color

Does Caswell have this color or can they get it from H.B Fuller, its called Reflex blue

i to am looking for that color... you think reflex is the closest? i know i would buy some from caswell since i dont want to buy 55lbs!

Comment

Reflex blue is the closest one coat color to yamaha blue that I have found so far. Before I started doing my own powedercoating I sent out some parts to be done yamaha blue. The parts came back extremely close to yamaha blue. The shop that powdercoated the parts used a 2 coat process using silver as a base coat I believe. I am currently trying to find the exact colors they used, If I do I will let you know. Here is a picture of what the color turned out like.

Comment

I used some of the reflex blue. We shot a test part first and matched it to the bike it it was very very close.
        We just shot the color over no base and cleared it. Without the clear it was kinda close, but with the clear it was even more closer.

Captain: Tight looking ride you got there!

Comment

i like that color where can i get it in small amounts?

Comment

randy,
            kick me an e-mail as I have 1lb left. Its yours if you want. e-mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Columbia coatings reflex blue (Yamaha blue color) is not even close, its an ugly solid color, the correct color is only produced by a 2 stage powder over a reflective base coat and or clear top coat.

I know H.B fuller has that color, also morton, (R&H now) has the color, but again you have to buy alot of it.

CASWELL CAN YOU GET THIS COLOR FOR US, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT.

Comment

captain is that the reflex blue you use or the color the pro shop did for you? email me please [email protected]

Comment

That is NOT reflex blue. I had a shop do that color for me. They said it was a 2 coat process using silver as a base caot.

Comment

Captain most likley got the Morton relfex blue from the powder coaters who did his parts which is used over a chrome base.

www.actionpowdercoat.com uses it and and I personally asked them where did they get it and they told me Morton

Comment

RAL was the powder that was used for those parts.

Comment

what number ral?

Comment

Originally posted by randygrapes218
                          what number ral?
                          I have no clue I wish I did because I think it is a great looking color!

Comment

That is beautiful! Caswell if you can get it, I will buy some. That's the color I want for my engine.

Comment

Found the color finally.

Tiger Drylac dormant blue

It requires a clear top coat which activates the dormant undercoat to bring out the color.

Comment

Working...
                              X