X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tavo1765
    Found the color finally.

Tiger Drylac dormant blue

It requires a clear top coat which activates the dormant undercoat to bring out the color.

If you order that color will you post a picture of a part you have done. I want to see if it is an exact match. If it is I think I am going to have to buy some. Hopefully Caswell can start carrying it

Comment

captain said that they used a silver base coat so wouldnt it be a transparent blue like the lollipop blue?? sure looks close to lollipop blue to me, and with a silver base coat instead of the crome base i assume it would make the blue a bit darker, like what is in the pic.

Comment

I have compared lollipop blue with a near chrome basecoat to the yamaha blue I posted and they are slightly different. I do not have silver to try using as a basecoat. I think I am going to order some to try.

Comment

if u could do that in the next couple weeks that would be awesome. i will be powder coating my atv frame in april and would love to have that color.

Comment

I bought 2 pounds, lets see what happens. go to www.eastcoastatv.com under powder coat, you will see a set of Banshee front brake calipers done it Dormant blue, looks like Yami Blue.

Comment

where on that site are the calipers that look like yamaha blue? i saw some calipers under powder coating but they dont show the color very well.

Comment

The set by the prices down the page, its a small pic, but thats the color.

Comment

How close is the lolly pop blue, what if you apply it thicker would it be close?

Comment

Just got the Tiger Drylac dormant blue in today, sprayed it on a test piece and shot clear, it is the the Yamaha Blue color exact!!!

It sprays on a purple color, then cures a chrome base, then you add clear and cure, it turns the blue/purple color.

Comment

what do you mean "then cures a chrome base"? how did it look before the the clear? and do you have any pics?

Comment

You spray the purple powder on the part, cure it partially and it turns chrome is the process, now when you spray the clear on it and cure the part, it turns into the blue/purple metallic, I will do some parts tomorrow and post pics

Comment

Lolly pop blue over silver and we have Yamaha Blue. Look no further because you can buy both here. Dormant is also close if not exact but the lolly over silver base is dead on.

Comment

COOL, Can I use a metallic silver under the lolipop blue top coat or do I need a regular silver color. thanks

Comment

use any kind of chrome or silver with or without flakes.

I used it over fully polished parts

Comment

Question, when appliying the top coat do you bake the silver for about 5 minutes and then put the top coat on or do you fully cure the silver first, thanks again.
                                I ordered the loly pop blue also.

Comment

Working...
                                X