No announcement yet.

Sand blasting cabinet=recovery system??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand blasting cabinet=recovery system??

Wondering if anyone has used a sand blasting cabinet as a make shift coating both.

I may attempt this idea, however I am very unexperienced so it may be a stupid idea. I will only coat smaller items, and I can not think of a better recovery system with out buying more stuff.

Let me know!!

first of all, dirt, dust and airborn particals are a pc'ers nightmare to begin with, I suppose you could use the same booth if you cleaned it everytime but i doubt you would be able to remove all the dust from blasting.You can always make a pc booth out of an old cardboard box until you can build a good one..
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I just bought bench top sand blaster. I thought I maybe able to come out on top with this one, since I have the starter pcing kit coming soon.

So a card bord box set up will be sufficient? Does the part have to be grounded? When shooting/curing?

Comment

the powder booth is just a device to contain the powder dust, I hang stuff from the rafters if need be, the booth just gives you better control over the goodies floating around in the air and sure makes clean up alot easier.. I prefer to ground to the part, but i have rods that i hang from and if im doing multiple parts i just grund to the rod.
        Pro-Tech Powder Coating
        93976 Ocean Way
        541-247-8168
        [email protected]
        Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

a blast cabentit works perfect
          Thier are only two real sports!
          boxing and auto racing
          all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

Comment