Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood

any one done any playing around with pc'ing wood much? Did a few chunks the other day to just see what would happen and was rather surprised at the out come, it actually looked better than my rattle can paint jobs . I did have trouble with the laminated chunks sort of an out gassing effect but i would guess that was do to the glue that is used.
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

I'm curious about this also. I've heard of it being done but haven't actually seen anything after being coated. I'd like to see a picture.

Comment

a few months ago I started looking for the same thing .
      tried a few parts but it didn't work as good as metal
      so started making calls and found that you need UV curable powders

www.protechpowder.com has a powder called nuvocoat that only needs 175 degrees to melt and then cure by Ultra violet

http://www.protechpowder.com/products/nuvocoat.html

Comment

a lot of the cheap furnitur desks and stuff out of china are powder coated. have bake wood in my oven to test for a few things and wood is no problem to coat. i think it is way over looked.
        Thier are only two real sports!
        boxing and auto racing
        all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

Hmmm.. I am going to try that on the sub boxes we build i think it would look better that sprayon or carpet....

Comment

been playing......hard wood it seems gives a better finish than laminated wood, i think the prob with the laminaed is the gluethats used,also I seem to get a better finish when i put the powder on rather thick.
            Pro-Tech Powder Coating
            93976 Ocean Way
            541-247-8168
            [email protected]
            Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

blademan post us a pict
              boxing and auto racing

Comment

Have you guys tried particle wood or mdf? I tried a small peice of hard wood and it came out fine. I was thinking of trying a speaker box made of particle or mdf. Only problem is my over is small.

Comment

Re: Wood

I have been reading up on PC over wood. I read they sell an aerosol spray that will make wood conduct static electricty, so the powder will cling. They also write that "MDO" board works better if you want to do a laminated wood product. I guess the "MDO" board uses adhesives that will withstand the curing temps.
                  Good Luck
                  Bob
                  www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

kinda of a hijack, but does anyone know of plastics that willstand the curing temp? maybe a model resine or something. Just curious because I have seen plastic coated with a metallic coating, then chromed. it would be really useful for creating one-off emblems and such.

Comment

the emblem must be metalized then coated using a gold plate machine . not abig deal once you get setup. My brother has a nice machine he uses. but if i rememeber correctly he sends the emblems to someone to metalize the part then he puts on the finish chrome orwhat have you.; no heat in the process. caswell sells this set up i believe
                      boxing and auto racing

Comment

Working...
                      X