candy candy candy looks hot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candy candy candy looks hot!

i have not done any of the candy coats are those being shot over a white base? give me the skinny on these great looking colors and how your making the aplication. thanks jeff
    Thier are only two real sports!
    boxing and auto racing
    all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

You can shoot a candy top coat on a chrome/aluminum base or white, purple and red look good on white, blue I only like over chrome.

I dont use a hobby gun but, the application on the second coat is a pain with the hooby gun. Key is to spray the second coat with a new ground(hooK) and apply on a part with a temp of no less then 180f.

Comment

hey jeff, i like to shoot the candys over a good metalic silver base, they have a nice rich look and the hint of sparkle in them.
      Pro-Tech Powder Coating
      93976 Ocean Way
      541-247-8168
      [email protected]
      Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

Heres some nice candy coated parts all over a chrome base.

Comment

sweet picts

another question/ i am going to do my semi truck wheels for the trailer. i just bought new poilished wheels for the rig and i want to get as close to that as possible. i have been using electra 525 but i was thinking there is something closer to polished aluminum? or not
          boxing and auto racing

Comment

Go with mirror aluminum or chrome, once clear coat goes on top they all match a polished finish. the closest I have every come is with mirror chrome with a high gloss 200plus clear

Comment

yes but i was not giong to clear it?
              boxing and auto racing

Comment

Then it wont last you no more then a day if that, the chrome or aluminum colors have to be cleared, it scratches and discolors, if you get any type of cleaner on it or even a simple car wash they stain.

I seen the pics of the covers you did in the chrome, did you use a hobby gun

Comment

yes i have a couple hobbyguns, your probably right about the clear? I see others not clearing and i really dont have anyproblems but it woul;d be more durable i guess. custom what are you doing on wheels, chuckster and i keep missing you on yahoo IM's
                  boxing and auto racing

Comment

Working...
                  X