?1) blast cabinet replacement part ?2) exhaust heat shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?1) blast cabinet replacement part ?2) exhaust heat shields

1) ok i need to know what i can find a replace ment plexy cover for a blast cabinet. i didnt realize i needed to put the plastic cover on the plexygalss to protect it from being chipped to death. now i can see threw it to blast parts.

2) im thinking about PC my heat shields that cover my turbo manifold. there maby a 1/4" between themand the manifold gets red after a good drive. has anybody had luck with PC heat shields? not looking to do it if its wont stand up to the heat.
    D.I.L.U.S.I.

Drive It Like You Stole It

home depot or lowes has plexiglass, as far as heat sheilds go i dont know
    Thier are only two real sports!
    boxing and auto racing
    all the rest are just games.

Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

all i have to say about that is WOW!! but that ill see if i can find it in there.

im thinking i can coat the shields on the out side and get away with it. its kinda low and should get enouph airflow to keep it below melting temps.
      D.I.L.U.S.I.

Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

I have used Regular Powder for Heat Shields before and they are holding up fine. Since there is air/space between them it will be a lot cooler than the manifold/turbo. Another Option would to be also Ceramic coat the manifolds to reduce temps even more.

Comment

Re: blast cabinet replacement part ?2) exhaust heat shields

Hi Upncoming:
          You can buy plexi almost anywhere. But I would go to a glass shop & buy a 1/4" thick piece of Laminated glass. Much safer. When you put it in. Place a sheet of clear plastic window film over the glass or plexi (buy it at any hardware). It is allot cheaper to rplace the film when needed than to replace the whole glass.
          Good Luck
          Bob
          www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

Re: ?1) blast cabinet replacement part ?2) exhaust heat shields

caswell has high temp muffler powder, i used it, works great, have to cure to 500 degrees instead of 400, if ur oven can do that, it works.
            i did just paint over it with reg powder (hoping the high temp will protect reg) on a stove pipe, not sure how it will hold up, but will see. its experimental.
            i did use reg powder on my harley exhaust pipes, did not hold up, burned off before the muffler, discolored first half of muffler, and second half looks great.

Comment

i use glass of old stereo cabinents and such. I believe the glass if tempered and it last for quite a while before needing replacement.
              Sonic Powder Coating
              Sonic [email protected]

Comment

I ran across this outfit at the Street Rods Nats North and bought blast cabinet shields and they also carry blasting gloves. Make sure of the hole size, as I didn't know when I was there, but did get them to fit. They don't list a lot on their page but a phone call will get it done.

sandblasting equipment including sandblast cabinets, abrasives and accessories - Ace Automotive Cleaning Equipment
                Who says you can't teach an ole dog new tricks?

Comment

Working...
                X