Pressurized blaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressurized blaster?

Would pressurizing my cabinet really give an increase of 4-5 times faster as they claim?I have about 130 lbs. continuous pressure and good media flow.But I am considering adapting my pressure pot to the cabinet.Would it be worth it? Thanks Steve

We normally use an ordinary siphon kind of blaster in our cabinet, but when i get reall nasty things to blast i use the pressurised blaster pot hose in the cabinet. You cant even compare them, its like you upped the pressure by 200%.... so on stuff that have a few coats of urethane like paint on it, like some wheels, yes, i would say 4-5 times faster minimum since the siphon dont even bite on it...
    WEIRD Performance & Coatings
    Sweden

Comment

Re: Pressurized blaster?

Hey Zpider:
      I have both the syphon cabinet & a walkin booth with a pressure pot. Seems I always have trouble with the pressure pot either using the media to fast, & or clogging, even if I use strickly virgin media? What are you doing? How long & how much media does it take you to blast a set of wheel (2 @ 15")?
      Anything I can do to reduce prep time is a good thing!!
      Thanks
      Bob
      www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

Whells are a pita, some have urethane paints that wont come off easy, in hours, well, all from half an hour to half a day on 2 wheels. The pots are tricky to get adjusted for the right flow, take a bit of jiggling to get it set up.
        WEIRD Performance & Coatings
        Sweden

Comment

Working...
        X