Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting wheels

Hi,

How do you guys hang rims whilst Powder coating them?

Thanks,
    steven

Depends on the rim... I usually try to bend a hook out of round stock that will minimize any rack marks. It's worked well so far.

Comment

i wrap a chain around them and hook it with a s hook .. then hang the tire hides the chain mark when powdered... the chain is good for 4 set's of wheels then you need to either burn the powder off or blast it .. i burn it with the torch then glass bead it to get what ever is left

Comment

Re: Mounting wheels

I too use a chain. I wrap the chain around the rim center. Once the tire is mounted you never see where it was hung from.
        Good Luck
        Bb
        www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

I hang mine from a hook at the valvestem. A little area is missed, but when the valvestem is replaced you can't even tell. I also coat both sides of a rim. I will try the chain method. Thanks guys...

Comment

i used the eye bolt in the valve hole but with the chain it works perfect.. + i had complaints about that part not being done..

when i coat them i hit the front 2 times the rear 1 then the same with the clear ...

Comment

for steel rims i have a stock if ceiling grid wire and use the arc welder to stick it to the rim.. then just knock it off when im done.. for alum i just wrap the wire around and hook it..
              If it jams; Force it. And if it breaks it needed replacing anyway.

I can go from 0 to "What seems to be the problem Officer?" in 3 seconds."

Comment

I make jigs out of 1/2" box tubing. I thread 1'4" holes every 120 degrees to clamp the under side or inside the wheel. the jig is in the shape of a "Y" with pieces welded squarely to the ends of the Y. it makes a great jig & is easily hung & rests nicely in the oven with the wheel supported in the middle of the oven. e-mail me @ [email protected] & i'll send ya some pics of 'em. here is a lousy pic of 1 of the 1st jigs I made!
                nutty

wheel jig
                SouthWest Powderworx
                Tyler Nutter
                www.swpowder.com
                myspace/swpowder
                [email protected]
                sigpic

Comment

when i do my bike wheels i hook them with chain the tire will cover the centers

Comment

Working...
                  X