Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i use a big gas oven for my powdercoating needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i use a big gas oven for my powdercoating needs?

Well i have a chance to get a big oven that uses gas!So i was thinking converting it to propane and make a cover that goes over the flame so it is cover and still get the heat i need.

this oven will get 900deg.So what you think
    Thanks Jason

Re: Can i use a big gas oven for my powdercoating needs?

Hey Jason:
    The gas oven will work. Gas (open flame) can be dangerous near the powder, but only when the powder is airborn (coming out of the powder gun). Other than that your good to go.
    Good Luck
    Bob
    www.capecodpowdercoating.com

Comment

Hey thanks!This will work great than cause the oven is big and will be out side.I can do long tube header and what not.Coooll

Comment

my one oven is open flame. it works great for curing ceramic. as for you using it for powder i don't see any problems when i got all the ovens in use and i do a valve cover i use a bbq to cure it

out of oven:

Comment

That is great i can not wait to hook it up!!
          And that gives me more ideas on that grill

Comment

i have cured around 100 valve covers on a bbq it is cheaper to run it than fire up a big oven.

Comment

Originally posted by customandsound
              i have cured around 100 valve covers on a bbq it is cheaper to run it than fire up a big oven.

Hey do you keep the flame going as you put the cover in?Or turn it down.
              Im going to use a grill like that to.

Comment

i light it preheat the valve cover for 5 minutes then place it on the rack. to control the temp i get it to 400 then i got a lcd display that i can watch the temp when it get to 400 i crack the lid with a chunk of angle iron and lower the gas. doing it this way it get's cured and i never over baked or had any problems .. but the bbq will hit temps over 500 within minutes if you don't keep an eye on it . the flame is burning from the start to the finish. i got 2 to do monday and a few other little parts. i hate to fire up the big oven for a few valve covers

Comment

Working...
                X