oven plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven plans

i am about to embark in the pc realm and was wondering if any body had a home built oven that is big enough to do bike (motorcycle) frames that would be willing to share plans for such an oven. i am very mechanical and good with electrical so i feel i can build a decent oven but am unsure of where to start. i have been looking in past posts and have seen some nice jobs in there as well as album. thanks for the responses in advance.
    when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
    G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Check the signature.

Gary
    Gary Brady
    www.powdercoatoven.4t.com

Comment

thanks Gary that is extremely helpful. i dont have a break but have access to a shear and ironworker also lots of scrap material. is there no danger of the temp and galvanized steel? i know if galv gets to hot it releases zinc gas, but that is around melting point. it gives me a good start point though so thanks again. i will definietly credit you with the design.
      when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
      G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

use a torpedo heater there are a few post on here. simple and easy to set up and the only cord you need is a power cord..

Comment

here is a link to one of them : http://www.caswellplating.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3780

Comment

Originally posted by pickleboy
            i know if galv gets to hot it releases zinc gas, but that is around melting point. it gives me a good start point though so thanks again. i will definietly credit you with the design.
            I haven't had any problems with the galvanized coating. The max temperature that I've used is 450deg, not enough to affect the galvanzing.

Gary
            Gary Brady
            www.powdercoatoven.4t.com

Comment

pickleboy,

Here is a design that does not require a break. You can make a larger oven to do frames based on this design. I made mine smaller because I mainly do only car parts. Hope this helps.

Jim

http://www.stivermotorsports.com/id44.htm

Comment

Working...
              X