X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wingwalker
    replied
    PC shot guns & rifles#2

Thanks for all the words of advice, very helpful.
    My guns are only loaded when I intend to shot something or SOMEONE.

Plan to call Caswell for the right stuff.
    I only planned on coating the outsides after plugging and covering all the others.

Thanks again for the replies

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: PC shot guns & rifles

Originally posted by wingwalker
    Have been looking at this forum for the last month. Loaded with information. We a lucky to have such sharing of info.
    Just ordered my first system and know nothing about anything......

Question: What procedure, materials, & methods do I use to coat some shot guns, rifles, pistols, etc.

Thanks for the help.
    Contact caswell and ask them if they can get you a cerakote firearm coating. it comes in air dry and oven cure and there are 31 colors ..

Powder coating will work but you will have a build up of powder and that will be to be removes. Now for safety fact. powder build up in the chamber will cause the shell to stick we all know that the shell will expand when fired. Now if you micro hone the chamber to remove the powder you may have blow back and this in turn you face a few thing's .
    1. Death
    2. Injury

So powder coating Is NOT RECOMMENDED for a firearm..

Leave a comment:

• pickleboy
    replied
    i have done a couple of firearms so far and had great results. i did a muzzleloadre and a shotgun. the only caution i can give is be careful of the moving surfaces. the muzzle loader i plugged the barrel and masked off the bolt area. after the pc cured i tapped all the holes to clean the powder out. as for the shotgun i only shot the outside because it was a pump. i masked off the whotl breach area as to not get any powder inside, and plugged the barrel. if you are not very experienced in teardown and reassembly leave that to the owner since the liability of accident is extreme if not put back together right. as for powder you can use regular colors, you dont need high temp as long as the gun is not going to be torture tested as far as cycle rate of fire. best of luck bro.

Leave a comment:

• Popeye
    replied
    Best thing to do is find out what you're working with in the way of metals.
    Some of the shotguns have aluminum receivers and you could really weaken them, same goes for the steel ones.
    I'd probably start at the maker.
    IMHO

Leave a comment:

• sswee
    replied
    Take the ammo out before you stick it in the oven. LOL What on a firearm are you going to powder coat?

Leave a comment:

• wingwalker
    started a topic PC shot guns & rifles

PC shot guns & rifles

Have been looking at this forum for the last month. Loaded with information. We a lucky to have such sharing of info.
    Just ordered my first system and know nothing about anything......

Question: What procedure, materials, & methods do I use to coat some shot guns, rifles, pistols, etc.

Thanks for the help.
Working...
X