Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worth it to create an oven big enough for a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worth it to create an oven big enough for a car?

I have an idea to set up a powder coating business that caters to powder-coating auto frames/shells. What is your opinion on this? Thanks.

Re: worth it to create an oven big enough for a car?

I'd check with some of the car builders in your area, I have only had a couple of people show an interest in coating frames here.
    Lee Parsons
    Rowlett, TX (East Dallas)

Comment

There is one several towns over from me. I haven't seen it but was told by a buddy of mine that it was sectioned to use only what they needed for the frame or a block. They showed one the same way on one of the bike shows. Question isn't if that type of work is wanted but but is it wanted in your area.

Comment

Go for it, atleast you can do car Chassis's, and basically anything else. There isn't much that is bigger then a car that people want powdercoated.

Comment

Would the quality come out to be comparable to a good liquid spray finish?

Comment

Originally posted by yerry503
            Would the quality come out to be comparable to a good liquid spray finish?

If your talking about doing body panels....I'd just leave that to liquid paint. But as far as chassis's and other parts of the car and then motorcycle/dirtbike frames, it sounds like a good idea to me. In the future I plan on making my big 8x13x7 (something like that) shed a big oven. I would be able to do a ton of different things.

Comment

also can do large doors & gates. i have a metal business & we take large fence railings, doors & gates, etc. & what ever is too large for my oven to a PC'er w/ a HUGE oven! you can be quite successful if you want to.

nutty
              SouthWest Powderworx
              Tyler Nutter
              www.swpowder.com
              myspace/swpowder
              [email protected]
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X