Bare Alluminum, or Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare Alluminum, or Chrome?

I am debating whether or not to buy near chrome as a base for candy colors, or to just sand blast the object down to bare alluminum, i did my disk brake rotors, and their pretty dull, and the paint turned out great, i'm thinking that it would be alot better to have a sandblaster, instead of all this chome powder, i would need a snadblaster anyways eventually.
    Thanks for your help.

Re: Bare Alluminum, or Chrome?

Go with the super chrome base for candies, you wont be happy with the out come over just a blasted alum surface, Candies need that reflective base to do there magic, another choice would be to use a silver metalic as a base, that puts a nice sparkle to the candie, i've even used white as a base for a deeper and darker look.My all around choice for candie is over good chrome or polished work.
    Pro-Tech Powder Coating
    93976 Ocean Way
    541-247-8168
    [email protected]
    Gold Beach,Oregon

Comment

I'm new to the powder coating, can you polish the aluminum to a mirror shine and then put the candy over it and get the same effect?

Comment

Originally posted by fxstcguy98
        I'm new to the powder coating, can you polish the aluminum to a mirror shine and then put the candy over it and get the same effect?
        Yes that will work. I prefer to use chrome powder because it will produce a more consistant color.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstcguy98
          It always look better when you hand polish it

Comment

I always use super chrome as base , reason is
            if you polish aluminum and candy coat over it it will shine alot more than with a chrome base coat ,that's great , but if you do it for some one and then they come back with a cast iron and want to match it you are in trouble , you are going to have to polish the cast iron to get the same shine effect as the first piece you did and besides it's a lot easier just to coat than polish .

Comment

Working...
            X