Thermal Paint removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Paint removal

Thermal Paint removal: at 800f the coating grease grime and body putty turn to fly ash and flakes off.

Then you prep and recoat.

Now Has any one tryed this with removal of powder coating? I know the cleaning cycle of a house hold over is 800F and it dose bake off all the grime.
    Now I hire a guy today to coat for me and i am going to give him the worst parts i can find to show me he can coat. I got some test parts that have had 3 coats of powder. So if he can't pass my test then he is not coating for me.

if the themal don't work i may just have to burn them off. And i don't want to warp the metal to much. Cause once you burn them off you need to clean and coat them with in a few hours or the rust if they sit over night.

The part need's to be in the heat of 800f for 1/2 hour or til the paint bubbles and flakes .

Re: Thermal Paint removal

I use a torch, the metal never gets above 500 degrees. Run the torch back and forth and the powder coating will start to pop off. The last part I done this way only got to 430 degrees. Seems to work good for me.

Comment

Usually a burn off oven runs about 1200F, and that's pretty hard on the parts.

Comment

at 1200F if you are trying to burn off alum. or soft metal it will start to distort and melt. When i cast the the pot is 1200f to 1500f. I ended up having my brother dig a few parts out of the junk pile to let him show me what he knows .. And he is no where as good as me .. I think his nerves got him today.. But i am going to give him a few weeks work...

Comment

Working...
        X