My first day powdercoating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first day powdercoating

Well I got all my powdercoating equipment today so I couldnt resist playingaround and seeing what I could learn. Everything seemed to work really well. I need to make some changes with my setup, booth size, etc but I think its really going to work well. Heres a pic of the first pieces I have done along with some sample plates.
    Its a cam gear from a Ford Probe GT along with a EGR tube and bracket. The colors are super mirror orange and super chrome w/no clear yet. The gear needs to be done more but considering how little prep work I did I'm really pleased with how they came out. Tomorrow I'm gonna do some goo prep work on other stuff and then give it a try again Sat. Good stuff Caswell.
    Unorthodox Creations Powdercoating

Re: My first day powdercoating

Those look awesome. How did you mask the gear? You should put a pic of it in the gallery.
    Steve Dold
    http://stevedold.com

Comment

Re: My first day powdercoating

Originally posted by sdold
      Those look awesome. How did you mask the gear? You should put a pic of it in the gallery.
      I just put high temp tape around the gear. I tried to put a pic in the gallery but got some kind of error. I'll try again later.
      Unorthodox Creations Powdercoating

Comment

Working...
      X