Marketing Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing Question..

Wondering how many of you Market yourself? Advertising in papers, magazines etc. How many sell/give-away stuff with your Logo on it?
    I do about 100 car shows a year (yes every weekend) and I give away key chains, pens, coffee cups, Posters, and business cards as well. Just wondering what you folks do? Here is 1 of the newest posters that I'm working on.. Not finished just yet..
    How many of you do this for a living?
    Hobbie?
    Part Time Business?

Jim S...

Last edited by hvac36; 10-21-2005, 09:24 PM.
    Jim Shuster
    www.backyardpowdercoating.com Sold.....
    www.chrissys68mustang.com Hobbie
    www.photogserver.net Web Hosting.

Re: Marketing Question..

well jim i first want to know who your model is. she is quite lovely!
    as for marketing i am just starting to do that i just got cards and am in the process of setting up the website. i am going to offer discounts to first ?so many customers and also give discounts on powder fee for larger jobs. just a few thoughts. as for shows i am planning to have hats and possible t shirts made up and go to the shows with them and hand out free for jobs gotten. i would be very interested in knowing what works for you also. as for my level of business, it is part time now but am looking to get out of the day job soon since the wifes job has all the benefits that we need(medical etc).
    when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
    G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Originally posted by pickleboy
      well jim i first want to know who your model is. she is quite lovely!
      as for marketing i am just starting to do that i just got cards and am in the process of setting up the website. i am going to offer discounts to first ?so many customers and also give discounts on powder fee for larger jobs. just a few thoughts. as for shows i am planning to have hats and possible t shirts made up and go to the shows with them and hand out free for jobs gotten. i would be very interested in knowing what works for you also. as for my level of business, it is part time now but am looking to get out of the day job soon since the wifes job has all the benefits that we need(medical etc).
      What works for me?
      I seem to get most of my work thru Car clubs and Bike clubs, word of mouth is the best. I've run ad's in News Papers etc. But just having folks talk to one another in the clubs gets me the most work.
      The hands outs I do well they help introduce me to new clients from other clubs around the area.
      You have to target your clients. About every other month I will take about 3 to 4 days and visit other areas looking for bike shops custom car shops etc.
      Now we do about 50-75 parts per week. From brackets to Complete Engines..
      We produce about 7 posters a year, most of the young ladies hang around the shop due to all the tuner cars we do here. Here is another new image.
      Jim S...

Jim Shuster
      www.backyardpowdercoating.com Sold.....
      www.chrissys68mustang.com Hobbie
      www.photogserver.net Web Hosting.

Comment

I simply advertise through a couple bike forums, i get a bit of buisness, but i'd like more, with the amount of money i've put into my company, with the website supplies etc, i have done lots of work in the area, and word of mouth spreads the best, it's just getting the word out in the first place, buisness will come over time though, and im just starting out, and loving it.

Comment

Working...
        X