No announcement yet.

Anyone ever do a whole Auto/Jeep body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever do a whole Auto/Jeep body?

Just wondering if any one has ever coated a whole frikin car piece by piece of course.. It would have to be down to metal only I know with a huge oven or lights, this Jeep body is actually not that big. A buddy wants to know if he can have his Jeep body done before he assembles it. Its a off road rock crawler with a Bolt-On Heavy Gauge Steel Jeep Body. Has this been done? If so know of any pics? Thanks.....joe

Re: Anyone ever do a whole Auto/Jeep body?

41 views and no replies...Is there that many others interested with no answers?

Comment

it can no doubt be done if you have a way to cure the powder properly. this is a project that would most likely need a very large oven that would be powdered by means that most homeowners dont have access to (3 phase). if you can find/ build an oven capable of getting the parts into and reaching cure temp and maintaining full cure cycle then go for it.
      when in doubt polish it out/ why replace it when you can refinish it
      G2 Polishing and Powdercoating

Comment

Oh, I wasn't gong to be the one doing it. He just asked if it was possible. Thanks!

Comment

There's a shop a few towns over that has an oven large enough to do car frames. There are places out there doing the large items but few and far between.

Comment

I've seen a jeep body in the www that was all powder coated with candy red- I think it was done in an oven but I can't remember the site- I have also seen a little CRX done with infared lights but it didn't look to good
            Save the trees- burn Rubber!
            };^)>

Comment

I think you would get a better finish and higher gloss with liquid paint. If you want durablity, use an epoxy paint.

Comment

It can be done. I would also powder coat it if I were going to paint it. If I were you, I would call around to every close powder shop and ask them if they could handle the size. I would would also ask if they could phosphatize the body, as this will give considerable protection. You might be able to find somebody that can get ahold of some acrylic clear powder for the topcoat. This will make it shine as well as any liquid. The problem with acrylic powders is that it needs to be shipped in a refridgerated truck and be cooled when you get it. It is not very stable and the shelf life is short. It really looks nice as a topcoat. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X