Sand Blasting Tip(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sand Blasting Tip(s)

What about a machined down carbide drill-bit with a hole drilled through it??

Taper the inlet end and make a piont on the outlet end.. that should be sweet!

Anyone read my poor Fiero's page? or the Hotrod?, Chopper?

I just edited my signature so you can see the metal disasters that I need to deal with in rustoration..

Rob
    DIY Groups Powder-Coating - Metal-Casting - Metal-Chipping - Metal-Polishing - Fiberglas - CNC Tables - GOT LINKS?

Comment

The equipment needed to "Machine" carbide (diamond is the only material) is waaaaay expensive. It would be cheaper to just buy the tips. Example: 3/8 HSS endmill- $7.50 3/8 carbide endmill- $40.00 That's why it cost so much for these tips, because the specialized equipment is so much.
      mach
      TSA Custom Metal Finishes
      Live fast, Die sideways

Comment

What about when it comes to ceramic?, I have had the same tip in mine FOREVER and not a single problem..

It's always a line clogging.. so I cured that end instead..

Rob
        DIY Groups Powder-Coating - Metal-Casting - Metal-Chipping - Metal-Polishing - Fiberglas - CNC Tables - GOT LINKS?

Comment

I just got my carbide nozzles and OMG! The insert looks like a little straight pipe piece, BUT once you hook it up and blast, It's the $h....shut your mouth!
          I can't wait to find stuff just to blast. Hell, I was using glass bead and hardly no air and I cleaned off a whole bracket.
          I'm impressed.

Comment

Was this my PA Blaster setup??, You didnt say..

Sure sounds like it...

Thanks either way..

Rob

Comment

Hey Rob are you asking me? If so then It's not. I have the Cyclone PK36 sandbast cabinet. I got it before I knew what I needed. Guess what? That freakin plastic thing works like you wouldn't believe. I've done evrything in it and I steadily use coal slag with no problem.
              BTW a good tip: I hit the sandblaster cabinets manufacturer and bought the carbide nozzles for $30 bucks a piece. Great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Heavykote
                Hey Rob are you asking me? If so then It's not. I have the Cyclone PK36 sandbast cabinet. I got it before I knew what I needed. Guess what? That freakin plastic thing works like you wouldn't believe. I've done evrything in it and I steadily use coal slag with no problem.
                BTW a good tip: I hit the sandblaster cabinets manufacturer and bought the carbide nozzles for $30 bucks a piece. Great deal!
                Gotcha.. Would love to make some in Titanium with say a 1" longer length and a rifled inside and see what that did..

Like a rifle.. straight-shot, swirling air and media.. WOW!

Rob

Comment

Kote checkout http://dee-blast.com they have a cool side feed gun (i sell them now too), Thing is that they are pricey!

Just bought a dozen for the gang (second batch)

Rob

Comment

Heavykote,
                    where did you get the carbide nozzle from? I am building a new blaster and want to get rid of the cheap steel nozzle setup.

Comment

ya guys that PA blaster works i built one this weekend no cloging and no feed problems. just a note

thanks rob

erik zgcfab

Comment

I second the carbide nozzle recommendation, I have been using one for about 6 months several times a week and I'm still waiting for it to show signs of wear. I paid $70 for the nozzle and air jet and it still has paid for itself a couple of times at least.

Steve
                        Steve Dold
                        http://stevedold.com

Comment

Howdy to everyone.

BerkelUSA....your pablaster...is that a gun or a cabinet? Any pics?

Thanks,
                          Paul

Comment

Its a dual-line system using a gun that can work in and outside of a cabinet with specific line sizes and pressures that controls 2 atmospheres with one adjustment.

Meaning you can blast anywhere between 40-psi to 120-psi out the gun.. doesnt matter.. and it WONT clog unless you put used media in the tank without cleaning it first..

The gang has made this thing in everything from old compressor tanks, water tanks, beer kegs, PVC pipe.. name it! (almost full in pics)

There is also three sets of cabinet designs from wood a ring-roller, hip-bender, tool mounting, table ideas.. and more..

Sorry if I sound like a salesman. Not what I'm here for.. I just reply to blasting and oven building posts.. Oh yeah and Hotrod STUFF! - I spent 9 months in a wheelchair because of a car accident designing and testing this thing by taking it apart and starting over a good 20 times if not more...

The DeeBlast Guns are $74 delivered, Best part is the side feed and the bigger valve to let more air out.. It's TWICE any Husky/CH Gun you will ever use and eats the Jap Guns for LUNCH.. LOVE MINE !

EXAMPLE:

My Epay is a 940.. Why??
                            Last edited by BerkelUSA; 05-03-2006, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jim.. been kickin (_!_) on the Fiero project lately and I always end up back at caswell..

Always something to find/share here..

I so need to get into powdercoating my stuff on my own its not even FUNNY!..

Comment

Did anybody build one lately??

Comment

Working...
                                X